1.    #1  
    This is the "to buy or not to buy" question for me.

Anyone know how long the battery lasts with wifi continuously on with little to moderate voice usage (in Standby)???

Thanks so much in advance! Your help would be really really appreciated!!
    wifi will turn OFF by itself when not used..
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela View Post
    wifi will turn OFF by itself when not used..
    You can disable that.

I just did a quick test:
    * Disabled the power off of the Treo Pro, so that it would be continuously on.
    * Set Wifi preferences to best battery
    * Set Wifi to continously on
    * Backlight set to almost lowest position (lowest is backlight off, but I choose 1 notch above that)
    * Bluetooth enabled
    * Programs running in background: Vito Winterface, Vito Task2Gather, Email (every 10 minutes), Spb Wireless Monitor

I started at 16h37 with 86% battery. Now, 17h27 I'm on 81% battery. That's about 5% in 50 minutes, so 1% is 10 minutes, giving a rough estimate of 1000 minutes for a full battery. That's about 16 hours of Wifi!

Just to give you an idea of course. If you actually use your device and wifi it would be less, but still I'm impressed by that figure.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Ovan. I plan on keeping the bluetooth off as well so hopefully that will give me an hour or two. On my 750 I quickly turn on/off blue tooth using the right soft key, when using the headset or syncing. RSK->W->D-pad center button (~1 sec).

Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    You can disable that.

I just did a quick test:
    * Disabled the power off of the Treo Pro, so that it would be continuously on.
    * Set Wifi preferences to best battery
    * Set Wifi to continously on
    * Backlight set to almost lowest position (lowest is backlight off, but I choose 1 notch above that)
    * Bluetooth enabled
    * Programs running in background: Vito Winterface, Vito Task2Gather, Email (every 10 minutes), Spb Wireless Monitor

I started at 16h37 with 86% battery. Now, 17h27 I'm on 81% battery. That's about 5% in 50 minutes, so 1% is 10 minutes, giving a rough estimate of 1000 minutes for a full battery. That's about 16 hours of Wifi!

Just to give you an idea of course. If you actually use your device and wifi it would be less, but still I'm impressed by that figure.