1.    #1  
    I haven't read much about the voice command built into the 800w. I have used it quite a bit, and I think the voice engine has a lot more potential the built-in comands use.

For example, the engine does a good job reading appointments aloud. Why can't that be extended to readind e-mail and web pages?

And why can't we use the engine to input text (i.e. compose and send e-mail and SMS and input text into web forms)?

And why can't we (through macros?) expand the ability to launch programs and initiate functions within programs?

On a related note, I have learned that FdcSoft Start Menu 1.6 expands the library of apps which can be launched via voice command to any program in the programs folder, not just apps in the Windows start menu. Are there any other (perhaps unintended?) expanded voice command functions offered by third party apps?

Any plans to expand the voice command?
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    hi

No, no one to my knowledge has expanded VC to do more than what it is intended. Also, MS is very slow to update it (literally years).

What you can do is write scripts using MortScript, for various sophisticated tasks and launch those via VC. Then you can do some serious voice function...in a hack kind of way.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    What you can do is write scripts using MortScript, for various sophisticated tasks and launch those via VC. Then you can do some serious voice function...in a hack kind of way.
    That is an intriguing prospect... I'll have to investigate.

Thanks