Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I think regardless of our views on this, that nobody is trying to act with intent to defraud any company.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Speaking of integrity, does Sprint's user agreement allow tethering when not paying for Spirnt's Phone as a Modem service? I've never seen VRGT mention he's tethering.
    Darnell, Don't sweat a poster trying to one up others with gratuitous swipes like "I have more integrity than that," when they themselves discuss doing things that are against the letter and meaning of their arrangement with Sprint as well and with a encouraging others to do so:

Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    If Sprint leaves the native WM6 ICS app alone on the 800w like they did on the Mogul, then you won't even need PDANet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    And if they don't you can add it.....
    Congrats wildrage. Persistance does pay off sometimes.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #43  
    As promised I received my new 800w in the mail today, 2 business days later. It came with a return envelope for my old one. I'm assuming the device is NOT a refurb, as the reconditioned status is listed as 'No'...either way, it's mint, and actually charges ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I'm assuming the device is NOT a refurb, as the reconditioned status is listed as 'No'...either way, it's mint, and actually charges ;-)
    Palm can reset the reconditioned status.

As I understand it, the reconditioned status is used for carrier serviced equipment. When Palm gets back a phone, they put it into a "like new" state which is different than reconditioned. They cannot legally sell a "like new" phone "as new" which is why they call it a refurbished phone.

(You can also reset it, I did on my 700wx. )
  5.    #45  
    Regardless, the phone is as new as I need it to be lol. I'm just glad that I can stop using my Diamond...that damn touch screen was driving me out of my mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I'm just glad that I can stop using my Diamond...that damn touch screen was driving me out of my mind!
    So I take it that touch screen keyboard is not as easy to use as the hard keyboard on the Treo?
    dont have to call sprint or palm. go to sprint.com/storelocator. at the bottom of the page has repair options. select the option to repair device form home or office. you'll need your account pin and esn. read the details of the program if you have tep its free if not 55 for pda replacement. o, and u can not have done an esn change w/ in the last 30 days.
    stewardship10, please read all the comments in this thread in full, this issue has already been resolved and no reason for anyone to pay out of pocket insurance deductibles for matters such as this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123