Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I must average at least 1-2 soft resets a day. Is this common? I never had to do this with my Centro.
    Maybe once or twice a week for me, unless I'm testing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    About the same for me. My Treo also resets every morning as part of a scheduled Sprite backup.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Once a week after I backup the device.
    Daily with Sprite BU (3AM) - sometimes again during the day to bring sounds back.
    Charliec
  6.    #6  
    My resets are usually forced because my phone freezes. I use Sprite Backup and will look into having the phone reset after backups are completed.
    It's likely because of some software that's installed.

Check this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    ditto.
    I had been resetting every morning following my Sprite backup, but I'm only backing up once every week or prior to a beta install. Even then I almost never reset spontaneously or because things have gone wonky.
    2-3 days.
    elogic3 - You've either got one of 3 possible issues and I'm thinking it's one of the first 2:
    1. Software conflict
    2. Somehow you're stressing device resources to the point it locks up.
    3. Your Treo 800w is defective.

What program(s) are you using just before you notice it locking up? What have you usually stopped using just before it locks up? What are you using when it does lock up? And are you making sure via Task Manager that applications you're not using are fully closed?

Only way to rule out #3 for sure, is to hard reset and try using the device for a few days with no added software. Of course we're all assuming you've added some software already .

I found some software that was causing me issues, but doing an RTN Reset (sort of like a hard reset, but wipes out your account details too), then adding new applications one at a time slowly. Like only adding one every day or 2.

Personally, I'm soft resetting daily because of backups and I soft reset any time I feel I've pressed the device pretty hard multi-tasking with several apps running for a while at once. I also soft reset before and after installation of any new software. And sometimes I just soft reset because it seems things are a little sluggish.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    elogic3 - You've either got one of 3 possible issues and I'm thinking it's one of the first 2:
    1. Software conflict
    2. Somehow you're stressing device resources to the point it locks up.
    3. Your Treo 800w is defective.

What program(s) are you using just before you notice it locking up? What have you usually stopped using just before it locks up? What are you using when it does lock up? And are you making sure via Task Manager that applications you're not using are fully closed?

Only way to rule out #3 for sure, is to hard reset and try using the device for a few days with no added software. Of course we're all assuming you've added some software already .

I found some software that was causing me issues, but doing an RTN Reset (sort of like a hard reset, but wipes out your account details too), then adding new applications one at a time slowly. Like only adding one every day or 2.

Personally, I'm soft resetting daily because of backups and I soft reset any time I feel I've pressed the device pretty hard multi-tasking with several apps running for a while at once. I also soft reset before and after installation of any new software. And sometimes I just soft reset because it seems things are a little sluggish.
    I'm a big task manager fan. I manually close unused programs often. I'll make a note to see what I'm doing when my 800w freezes.
    Every couple days. And I don't perform regular backups.
    Usually once a day for me.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by elogic3 View Post
    I must average at least 1-2 soft resets a day. Is this common? I never had to do this with my Centro.

1-2 a day seems about right maybe less. But I am finding that as time goes on I have to do it more often. It's not as bad as my 700P. I had to reset it a lot and it takes FOREVER. Once the 700P rebooted, then you have to turn the phone service on which takes even more time. Windows Mobile resets pretty fast and the the phone service automatically comes on.

Heck, I have to reboot my home PC once in a while.....All in all I'm happy with Windows Mobile except the sound quality on the 800.....very poor!

I did notice that my 800 would flicker on and off last night! It was on the table and the screen would turn on by itself for a minute, then turn off. Ten minutes later, the keyboard lighting would turn on, then turn off. It kept doing that until I reset it.
    I almost never had to reset my old Treo 650, but I am happier with WM now that I'm used to it. I've got some issues with the 800w and Palm's response to some issues, like how they claim some obvious defects are not bugs, but I'll probably be running WM a while longer. But not with Palm after the 800w.
    If I'm working on something, it might be as much as 50 times in a day, but that's intentional.

If it's as a result of a bug or a unintended problem, maybe every other day.
    I have to reset at least once a day to bring ActiveSync back from the dead.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    once or twice a week.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Well, since I had to get my original replaced, very rarely do I do soft resets. Now it's only when I do Sprite backups, so twice a week. With my original 800 I was resetting every day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast