1.    #1  
    I am rather amused that when I try to go to Expedia.com using my 800w, using the OEM browser on WM6.1

I get a Unsupported Browser error message. Microsoft website using Microsoft Mobile IE, guess it figures.

Is there something I need to download to make it work?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    There's a reg hack that will set the browser identification string to look like IE for desktop. But it's really only putting on a disguise. The web site might allow you to view pages, but many dynamic content features won't work simply because Pocket IE can't render them. Worth a try, though; I'm pretty sure you can find the hack in Ebag333's massive registry thread (near the beginning, as it's a common one).

If you can access, but can't then use, the site (due to unsupported features), give Opera 8.65 a try, or see if "6 on 6" has been ported yet (IE6 for WinMo 6). I tried a few weeks ago and while there was an attempt, it did not install properly at the time. There was a thread over on xda-developers about it.
    6 on 6 supposedly requires a 500 mhz CPU (minimum!).
    For the OP, try Skyfire instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    6 on 6 supposedly requires a 500 mhz CPU (minimum!).
    Where'd you hear that out of curiosity?

The Sprint Treo Pro is reportedly running 6 on 6...but the GSM version is only 400mhz.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Where'd you hear that out of curiosity?

The Sprint Treo Pro is reportedly running 6 on 6...but the GSM version is only 400mhz.

The browser requires 500MHz chip processing speeds, according to Lena Goh, director of marketing in Microsoft's mobile communications business for Asia.

"It will only be available in new handsets," she added.
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...andsets_1.html

Okay, yeah, director of marketing...but...still....
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Microsoft website using Microsoft Mobile IE
    BTW, Expedia.com is NOT a Microsoft website or company.
    Everybody's always ready to rag on MS...
    Last edited by wwejason; 12/01/2008 at 12:12 AM.
    Although Expedia used to part of Microsoft, they haven't been part of Microsoft for years. Microsoft sold them off in 2003.