Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is this a free service from Sprint, or do you need some bs plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    Try this link:

http://softwarestore.sprint.com/wap/phones.php

Just choose the Touch and it's under the Free/Demo catagory. I downloaded about a week and a half ago and it has worked just fine on my Treo 800w.

Enjoy
    Now if you go to that link and select "Palm Treo 800w", then the Free/Demo category, the NFL Mobile Live application is there. So I guess there is now "official" 800w support for the application.

It's "FREE with any data plan".
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Now if you go to that link and select "Palm Treo 800w", then the Free/Demo category, the NFL Mobile Live application is there. So I guess there is now "official" 800w support for the application.

It's "FREE with any data plan".
    I installed that one under the 800w and when I started it on my 800w I get the following message:
    We're sorry, NFL Mobile is no longer supported on this device. To find out if NFL Mobile Live is available for you phone, please click here or go to your phone's web browser, select Sports and then NFL.
    OK, so never mind what I said about actual 800w support.
    So I uninstalled that version offered for the 800w, downloaded the "HTC Touch Pro" version and installed it. Now it's up and running.

I do get an error, that kills the application, when trying to pause an audio feed for a game. But I can get audio for games. Anyone else getting an error when using the "Touch Pro" version, if you pause an audio feed after starting one? Does an error occur with the "HTC Touch" version?

Pretty messed up they won't provide an "official" release that works perfectly on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So I uninstalled that version offered for the 800w, downloaded the "HTC Touch Pro" version and installed it. Now it's up and running.

I do get an error, that kills the application, when trying to pause an audio feed for a game. But I can get audio for games. Anyone else getting an error when using the "Touch Pro" version, if you pause an audio feed after starting one? Does an error occur with the "HTC Touch" version?

Pretty messed up they won't provide an "official" release that works perfectly on the 800w.
    Use the "Touch" version. Works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Use the "Touch" version. Works fine for me.
    So I did an RTN reset, restored the backup I made just before installing any version of NFL live, installed the "HTC Touch" version, did a soft reset and tried running it. I still have the exact same issue as before.

The "Touch" version certainly is not the "Touch Pro" version though. The CAB files are drastically different in size, although things look about the same in each.

I might as well go back to the "HTC Touch Pro" version.
    Thanks, last night I downloaded the Touch Pro version from the link you provided and so far it works perfectly! I can't believe I didn't figure this out already! I have used that link before to look for software but I never thought of downloading the Touch version.

I have been checking almost daily for NFL Mobile Live since mid-October, and it finally showed up in the available software list the other day. I had the same issue where the link takes you to the download for the old version of NFL Mobile that no longer works. (I emailed Handmark support explaining the problem and asking if it was available yet for the 800w and they less than helpfully replied back telling me they don't support mobile devices )

I looked at the cab files, and the Touch Pro version had a file in it that looks like it might be Flash player (setup.xml lists it as Flash9e.ocx).
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/01/2008 at 09:59 AM.
    And so today (and some of last night), I did an RTN reset, typed in my account information manually, installed NFL Mobile Live (Touch Pro version). It would not get beyond "loading". (I had already setup data provisioning before installing NFL Mobile Live.)

Then I did another RTN rest, typed in my account information manually, installed NFL Mobile Live (Touch version this time). It started, but I still had issues when closing video feeds (I could not do game audio given no games are on today). When closing media initiated from NFL Mobile Live, I'd still get Windows Mobile error messages.

So even on the stock system, my device has issues with closing media that is initiated from NFL Mobile Live.

I'm just going to have to live with it having issues on my device I guess. Beats not having it.
    After getting this, I had to have a UL icon for it. I created one, can't seem to upload it, but if anyone wants it let me know and I'll figure out how to get it to you. In isn't perfect, but works. Here's a screen shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12