1.    #1  
    I lost my stylus and discovered just how much I wish this device was truly '1-Handed'

My first request;
    I need a way to select text.
    Any Tips/apps/& Tricks ?
    MagicKBLite. Use D-pad to get where you want to cut&paste, then hi-lite with D-pad, use center key for the action.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    MagicKBLite. Use D-pad to get where you want to cut&paste, then hi-lite with D-pad, use center key for the action.
    How does this http://www.mobiion.com/magikblite.html eliminate the Stylus? I am confused.
    it eliminates the stylus because you can use the D pad to select text like you asked

EDIT -- oops, not like you asked, like berdinkerdickle asked
    Last edited by scottymomo; 11/25/2008 at 09:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Thanks for this link pdaneophyte. It really helps those stylus haters.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    You're welcome. As you might have noticed MagicKBLite can also be used to type symbols and capital letters more efficiently. However I found out for my device, a Treo 750, I have to install also multikeyhook (a freeware helper also in mobiion site) & to disable MagicKBLite on the today & dialpad (cprog.exe & shell32.exe). Also it doesn't work on certain fields of default contact application. Yours might be different since Treo Pro contact app do not get the Palm's customization, unlike Treo 800w.
  7.    #7  
    I've tried just about every combination of presses to get the curser where I want to begin selecting text so I can copy then paste.
    I searched the forums about magickblite and how to select text by a 'shift' and a 'd-pad' operation, and still can't seem to figure it out.
    I know magickb is working because dbl click and hold t gets me T and 3.
  8.    #8  
    I figured it out.
    It was the TreoPro.lay file someone gave me.
    It works like it should with the Treo750v.lay

Which .lay are you guys using?
  9.    #9  
    Also, does it work for you on a web page?
    It works in posting this reply, but doesn't seem to allow me to select text on a web page. I still have to use a stylus (from my 750, still can't find my pro styly )
    My wife lost my stylus a long time ago.

I've been using my 800w without one for months now. For text, I just use my finger to highlight. Not near as good as a stylus, but it works. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I figured it out.
    It was the TreoPro.lay file someone gave me.
    It works like it should with the Treo750v.lay
    Which .lay are you guys using?
    Probably the TreoPro.lay from here: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx

I've updated it with a few key definitions, I'll try to post it this week.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    Probably the TreoPro.lay from here: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx

Yep, That's the one.
    Thanks,
    Look forward to it.
    Just call me Berd.
  13.    #13  
    Probably the TreoPro.lay from here: Using MagiKB Lite on Palm Treo Pro | TreoProTricks

Did you ever get a chance to put together an updated TreoPro.lay?

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Did you ever get a chance to put together an updated TreoPro.lay?
    Thanks,
    Berd
    I've been swamped in work the last few months, I'm slowly picking up where I left :-)

I can post the file as it is, but I remember vaguely that I wanted to change a few things more. I'll have a look at it later this week, there are a few other posts in the pipeline first.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  15.    #15  
    I've been swamped in work the last few months, I'm slowly picking up where I left :-)

I can post the file as it is, but I remember vaguely that I wanted to change a few things more. I'll have a look at it later this week, there are a few other posts in the pipeline first.
    That's not Good Enough!
    TC comes first, then food on the table.

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Just call me Berd.