1.    #1  
    Both my wife and I recently went to Sprint and upgraded to 800w. We BOTH seem to have the same problem. I believe we are in PowerVision mode when GPS, push e-mail or internet/data is active. However, when a phone call comes in, is as if the Treo needs to stop those services or quit out of the app and switch over to "phone mode" The process takes long enough that you cannot answer the call. It eventually goes into vmail. Anyone have this problem too or know of some setting change I need to make ?
    If there's an active connection it may not drop/disconnect in time.

Unfortunately you can't have a data connection and voice connection open at the same time, so that's an issue that's going to happen on any phone. Some programs seem to make this worse than a factory/stock setting (for example I've had this happen when Dashwire is running a backup).

The only option you can change around this is to not let voice calls disconnect your data connection. (Which isn't what you want and isn't something I'd recommend regardless.)
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Some program does better than others. Others will just hang.
    If you are in an EVDO area, there is a setting that tells the Treo to allow voice to disable data. Most say it works okay. I'm in a non-EVDO area and experience what you are talking about. It's not the 800W. I've had this on all Sprint devices I've had. I wish Sprint had simultaneous voice/data like GSM carriers.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  5.    #5  
    Thank you ! This is exactly what happens. I am on the road all the time and constantly using GPS, e-mail, and phone. Being in data mode 75% of the time, it does appear the phone struggles to get to phone mode fast enough. Even if I am quick with the keys, I find myself saying, "hello, "hello" for 10 seconds before it connects, often too late, into vmail and a missed call. Also, I have noticed that this back and forth (data/phone) sometimes hangs apps and need to soft reset or end all tasks quite often. Maybe just life in the Windows Mobile world.
    One thing that slows things down is if you have Voice Command set to announce incoming calls. If that is enabled then it does a contact lookup which bogs down the phone. You can disable it in the Voice Command Phone options.
    It finally happened to me. I have had the phone for 10 days. I do not live in a evdo area and have been using my wifi for most all data with it set to turn off when device is off.

Had the phone sitting on table last night, had not been using data since a soft reset a couple hours earlier. Checked phone at 9pm and saw the voice mail icon only. The missed call notification was not shown and the call log had 0 missed calls. Wife said phone never rang, signal was perfect. as I was listening to the voice mail the missed call notification poped up.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    as I was listening to the voice mail the missed call notification poped up.
    That part is normal as the VM notification takes precedence over a Missed Call notification (soft key & Start Bar).

When the VM alert is cleared (manually or listening to it) the missed call notification now appears.

Kind of a pain, but that's how WM works.

In other words, had there been no VM, you would have seen a missed call alert instead. I know it sounds dumb, but you sure you had the ringer volume high enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That part is normal as the VM notification takes precedence over a Missed Call notification (soft key & Start Bar).

When the VM alert is cleared (manually or listening to it) the missed call notification now appears.

Kind of a pain, but that's how WM works.

In other words, had there been no VM, you would have seen a missed call alert instead. I know it sounds dumb, but you sure you had the ringer volume high enough?
    That is not how WM works, I have had the Hitachi G1000, PPC6601, 700wx, Touch on wm 6 and 6.1 and now the 800w. All including the 800w with this exception show the missed call notifaction first, as soon as voice mail picks up, then after the voicemail is done that notifaction pops up. If you still have not acknowledged either of the notifications a bubble will display on the top bar, when you click on that it will show all pending notifications, including calendar reminders etc.

Also the call log will update immediately after the call is either answered or voicemail picks up and show either incoming or missed.
    My call log did not show the call untill the notifaction poped up while listening to the voicemail.

and yes the volume is set to max. I hope a fix for this can be made as I like the usability of the Treo's , I could not adapt myself to the no hard buttons of the Touch. HTC also has to much bloatware in there phones including the Treo Pro that slow them down and crash if not soft reset regularly.
    Thanks Dan.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My favorite is when the lag doesn’t force the call all the way to voicemail and the phone remembers whatever buttons I pushed trying to get it to recover from the lag. Then it catches up and executes each keystroke ending the call, dialing a random # or initiating another sequence of lag-inducing apps to open.
    I have found that Pocket Internet explorer is bad at tying up the phone. Phone will be very unresponsive and after finally getting into task manager it will show Pocket IE at 93%-100% cpu usage. After a end task the phone will run fine again.

I have not noticed this with Sky fire but Sky fire has a random crash and I can't exit it with out a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    My favorite is when the lag doesn’t force the call all the way to voicemail and the phone remembers whatever buttons I pushed trying to get it to recover from the lag. Then it catches up and executes each keystroke ending the call, dialing a random # or initiating another sequence of lag-inducing apps to open.
    Totally! This happens to me at work all the time. I use my phone and my laptop to get around the firewall and every time I get a call I see it on last ring, go to answer, push several buttons and set off chain reaction.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Good post! I plan to move into this stuff after I’m done with school, as most of it is time consuming. It’s a great post to reference back to. My blog needs more time to gain in popularity anyway.