1.    #1  
    Is there a way to turn off 3G on the Treo Pro? AT&T is having some sort of issue with 3G and their sugguestion was to turn it off to resolve the problem.

It has indeed fixed the issue with the Iphones in my office but I'm not sure how to test it on my Treo Pro.

Thanks!
    Green phone button, menu, options, band tab, network type, set to GSM...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Sweet thanks! Exactly what I needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I was looking for this solution for a long time. My treo 750 had a similar solution of disabling 3G in phone settings->band selection, but I dont have a band tab in my GSM treo pro phone options. How can this be so? All tabs I have are Services, Network, PIN/PIN2, Beacon, More, Advanced. Any ideas where to find band tab??

Edit: I contacted palm about the issue, and the guys was at a total loss why I have PIN/PIN2 tab instead of a band tab. I did hard reset but still same problem. Anyone else here with same tab instead of band tab??
    Last edited by prabhg; 11/06/2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    I was looking for this solution for a long time. My treo 750 had a similar solution of disabling 3G in phone settings->band selection, but I dont have a band tab in my GSM treo pro phone options. How can this be so? All tabs I have are Services, Network, PIN/PIN2, Beacon, More, Advanced. Any ideas where to find band tab??

Edit: I contacted palm about the issue, and the guys was at a total loss why I have PIN/PIN2 tab instead of a band tab. I did hard reset but still same problem. Anyone else here with same tab instead of band tab??
    I have the same as you...no band tab - just pin1/pin2 tab
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgadgetgirl View Post
    I have the same as you...no band tab - just pin1/pin2 tab
    What is your firmware version number? mine is 1.65.29.45... hardware version is "AN".
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    I'm having the exact same problem and my phone has the same firmware version. I also contacted palm support and their answer was "return the phone". The phone works perfectly except for this issue and I'm starting to think it has to do with the newer firmware version. Do you know if an older firmware version can be downloaded and installed?

I bought this phone in another country and the returning process will take forever. Also, I love the phone and everything else works fine except for this issue, but this is something I really need in a phone and if I return it it would be to get my money back and buy another phone of a different brand...I can't risk receiving another palm phone with the same issue again...
    Bought my wife a Treo Pro for Christmas. Found hers did not have the Band tab either but mine always has. Found the reg key needed to have it show up again.

HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting

Change the ShowUMTSBandPage value from 0 to 1

If you need a registry editor here is a free one.
    http://pocketland.de/util/getdownloa...M.cab&id=22357
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    thanks
    Hello everybody. I have been reading this (and other) thread. I am having many problems with this. I, like many others, have a software/firmware version that has been updated so that I do not have a "Band" tab. I have tried the registry edits and I do not appear to have all the same registry entries as other people. Also, even when I find what appears to be the correct registry edit and I change it from 0 to 1, the phone no longer gets a signal until I turn it back. I tried using the program "BandSwitch" and that provides the same problem; when I switch to GSM I lose reception permanently. Any help guys?