Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Being new to the 800W and Windows Mobile, I thought I'd get some feedback from you on the top software you are all using on your 800W...

Let's hear it....

EDIT: A short description of what each program does would be really helpful!
    Last edited by RealDeal71; 11/23/2008 at 12:01 AM.
    In no particular order (except the first one )

RealVGA
    cDate (replaces Sprint carrier line with current date)
    G-Alarm
    psShutXP
    MortScript
    MortPlayer
    Mobipocket
    Microsoft Reader
    PocketKobo
    GooGle Maps
    Skyfire
    Dashwire
    PHM RegEdit
    Total Commander
    Style Tap
    Treo Alert
    Agendus
    Today Agenda
    Google Maps
    PHM Reg Edit
    SkyFire
    SPB Time
    Pocket Tunes
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I found G-Alarm not the most convenient to use. PHM Reg Edit works ok, but it does not handle editing as well as MemMaid and SKTools. I found Agendus a bit too busy and ended up with Extreme Agenda. SPB Time has a view issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I found G-Alarm not the most convenient to use. PHM Reg Edit works ok, but it does not handle editing as well as MemMaid and SKTools. I found Agendus a bit too busy and ended up with Extreme Agenda. SPB Time has a view issue.
    Yeah, I've emailed them a few times about SPB time, no response...

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Resco Explorer - Usually one of the 1st apps installed. Blows stock File Explorer away.

Small Menu - Excellent cascading menu with task manager.

Spb Time - Excellent alarm clock, but as mentioned above, display is off, since it doesn't look right on 320x320 resolution.

Memmaid - Primarily used to clear temp & notifications.

PushEffect - Push type app for email.

SPB Diary - Today app, which displays appointments, events, new emails/text.

SBSH Pocket Weather - Today app, which displays weather. I used to use Spb Weather, but their support hasn't been that great. The problem I was having was the auto update was unreliable.

Pocket Notepad - Lite & free notepad.

TomTom and/or Garmin - Nice Nav apps. Helps for those last minute directions

Zbop's PocketKeylight - saves battery by turning on/off keyboard light when necessary.

cDate - I guess I should put my own app out there. It replaces the Carrier bar with date. FYI, I have cDate+, which has more options. The source is hard to get to at the moment. I know a few of you have requested for it.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    TreoAlert-Awesome.

alarmPal- pocketmax.net Repeating and configurable
    alarms/reminders.

Garmin/TT GPS-Saved my **** a number of times.

HandyMenu-- diarsoft.com Easy access to system settings, etc.

Kinoma Play-Great for streaming podcasts and internet radio.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Agendus
    eWallet
    Kinoma Play
    Pocket Digital Clock (free)
    MyMobiler (free)
    Weather Panel (free)
    Bejeweled 2
    Pdanet
    SpbTime
    Skyfire
    I run lean and mean on mine. My device runs alot better with just a few apps.

SKTools is one of the best apps ever because it does so many things. Here are just a few.

*Cleaner-deletes cache files, temporary internet files, bad registry's, dangling notifications, closes any running programs and a ton more.

*Back Up Program- whether you want to back up a few things or the entire device.

*Registry Editor-when you want to change registry files, tweak features, etc. There are alot of hacks that need to be done on the 800. Battery hacks are necessary. No need to buy or install another program. SKTools has a registry editor built in.

*Tweaks-it will show you how to speed up the device, make tweaks for speed, etc.

SKT has a bunch more features. So many that I don't even use them.

I also have WeatherPanel, SPB Screenshot and Memmaid (SKTools does the same thing) installed.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Treo Alerts
    ereader
    Google Maps
    Keylight
    Live Search
    Resco Today Plugin
    Ringo
    Soft Reset
    TickerTape
    Laissez Faire
    Ebag = anything he recommends
    Hannip = anything he recommends
    Darnnel = anything he recommends
    Zbop = anything he recommends
    Others = almost anything they recommend, some recommendations are like art, some you like some you don't. The art is all good though, just whether you like it or not?

Sorry if I left anyone out, there are great people here, listen to what they say.

If you want to make your 800w better, then do this according to the people above:

RealVGA
    MortScript
    TreoAlert
    QuickMenu
    Others

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    Being new to the 800W and Windows Mobile, I thought I'd get some feedback from you on the top software you are all using on your 800W...

Let's hear it....

EDIT: A short description of what each program does would be really helpful!
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Yeah, I've emailed them a few times about SPB time, no response...
    Really? I haven't had any issues with spb time
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Really? I haven't had any issues with spb time
    The program works fine, its just not 320x320.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Bunches installed, the main listed below:

Documents To Go
    HanDBase
    FlexMail
    eReader
    QuickMenu
    TreoAlerts
    Extreme Agenda
    MemMaid
    Spb Backup
    Style Tap
    Eddie,

Did you ever put out a revised Cdate that fits on the 800w carrier line? I have the 700wx version & the end of the date gets cut off (not a big deal but I figured I would ask).

Thanks,
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Resco Explorer - Usually one of the 1st apps installed. Blows stock File Explorer away.

Small Menu - Excellent cascading menu with task manager.

Spb Time - Excellent alarm clock, but as mentioned above, display is off, since it doesn't look right on 320x320 resolution.

Memmaid - Primarily used to clear temp & notifications.

PushEffect - Push type app for email.

SPB Diary - Today app, which displays appointments, events, new emails/text.

SBSH Pocket Weather - Today app, which displays weather. I used to use Spb Weather, but their support hasn't been that great. The problem I was having was the auto update was unreliable.

Pocket Notepad - Lite & free notepad.

TomTom and/or Garmin - Nice Nav apps. Helps for those last minute directions

Zbop's PocketKeylight - saves battery by turning on/off keyboard light when necessary.

cDate - I guess I should put my own app out there. It replaces the Carrier bar with date. FYI, I have cDate+, which has more options. The source is hard to get to at the moment. I know a few of you have requested for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Eddie,

Did you ever put out a revised Cdate that fits on the 800w carrier line? I have the 700wx version & the end of the date gets cut off (not a big deal but I figured I would ask).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Yeah, I have something, but allot things happened happened; Desktop power supply died, fortunately I backed up to an external HD when I started experiencing probs. Then laptop crashed, so I'm slowly resting it back. Now my mom's in the hospital for surgery. I didn't really put much effort in continued development, since I ddn't have any requests, until lately. So now when I get back home, been staying in the hospital, since my mom's surgery, I'll post it.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 11/24/2008 at 12:45 PM.
    Eddie,

Thanks,
    Rich
    If you use RealVGA the 700wx version works.
    I love real VGA but I find I have a hard time reading the screen (as the text/icons are smaller). I dont suppose theres any way around that (I am guessing that would defeat the purpose of realvga).
    I love real VGA but I find I have a hard time reading the screen (as the text/icons are smaller). I dont suppose theres any way around that (I am guessing that would defeat the purpose of realvga).
    Increase the font size?
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    TreoAlert-Awesome.

alarmPal- pocketmax.net Repeating and configurable
    alarms/reminders.

Garmin/TT GPS-Saved my **** a number of times.

HandyMenu-- diarsoft.com Easy access to system settings, etc.

Kinoma Play-Great for streaming podcasts and internet radio.

hi.
    can i ask why are u using both treo alert and alarm pal? arent they are the same?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast