1.    #1  
    Lately my Treo has been freezing more and more it seems. The power off button won't turn the screen either off or on and the only button to respond is the alt key. Perhaps related, my messaging app seems to crash relatively frequently as well and requires a restart to be able to access it. I don't have too many third party apps (spb shell is the main) but I also don't think it crashed this often after I hard reset it initially. Is there something that I need to clean out to stop this? Anyone else experience this and have any ideas? It's getting really frustrating. Thanks.
    More information on what you have installed might help.

Have you tried backing up, then hard resetting and trying it clean?
    Have you done any maintenance? This is Windows so all the crap you do at home must be done on this. Cleaning cache, temp. files and all that. SKTools is what I use to all that plus it has a back up program, tweak section and registry editor. Well worth the $15.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Have you done any maintenance? This is Windows so all the crap you do at home must be done on this. Cleaning cache, temp. files and all that. SKTools is what I use to all...
    I probably should use SKTools more often to clear things out instead of doing my occasional soft reset, that I've found helps although I used to not want to do it. (I'll probably keep doing soft resets .) I've found if you use enough to stress the devices resources, things are not right again till you clear things out either via soft reset or another method like SKTools. (And SKTools cost me $16.99, but yes it is worth every penny.) Very much like using a PC. (It's not like Palm OS, but I don't want Palm OS again.) The more I think of the 800w like a PC that is short on resources, the more I find I've got myself in a better mind set to deal with it and identify issues.

Nyr56, you can hard reset and see how it runs for a few days like that. That's how I found my first 800w was a dud and needed to be replaced. Other than that, if you list all that you're using someone might be able to help. You should try and make sure you're keeping apps closed via Task Manager. I've found freezes are usually a sign something (or some collection of things) is overworking the device, or the device is a dud.