1.    #1  
    Hi,

Anyone tried installing TomTom 7 on a Treo Pro yet? I tried it the other night and it was installing forever and ever and ever, and eventually gave up.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has installed it and got it working or not.

Regards,
    Brett.
  2.    #2  
    In addition to giving up, I downloaded and installed Garmin Mobile XT - sweet! I am a bit of a Garmin fan, as I used this on my 650 and also have an Oregon 300, so now I am as happy as a pig in the proverbial...
    Palm is offering a $99 SDHC Micro card with all the GPS software and maps loaded on it. Has anyone tried it? Can the contents of that card be copied to a 8 Gigabyte Card and run correctly?
  4. hjt
    I'm running Tom Tom Navigator 7.450 on my Treo Pro - works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    I'm running Tom Tom Navigator 7.450 on my Treo Pro - works great.
    I second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    Palm is offering a $99 SDHC Micro card with all the GPS software and maps loaded on it. Has anyone tried it? Can the contents of that card be copied to a 8 Gigabyte Card and run correctly?
    I believe that is the Palm OS version. However I think the Palm store has the Garmin XT version for $75 after their discount right now. Only problem is that you can't load Garmin onto another SD card which means you will have to swap SD cards most likely.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I believe that is the Palm OS version. However I think the Palm store has the Garmin XT version for $75 after their discount right now. Only problem is that you can't load Garmin onto another SD card which means you will have to swap SD cards most likely.
    When I bought my copy of Garmin XT Mobile it came with a install CD which allowed you to install to SD card you wanted to I currently have it on my 8 GIG along with my mp3's etc. I picked mine up on Amazon about a year ago so I'm not sure if they're still selling it but I would think they are. I believe there's also a way to copy the pre-installed SD card to a different card but you have to generate a new unlock code. If you poke around the net enough you'll find the breadcrumb trail on how to do this.
    Thanks for responses to my question. The Garmin that Palm is selling is specifcally for the Treo Pro using a micro SDHC card. I need a memory card. The Pro does have Google Maps with GPS, which does what I need, But it's hard to know what the Garmin will do.
    I tested it, it seems to work well but after around 40 mins the GPS goes down, then the whole unit lags and finally freezes. this happened 3/4 times so far...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I'd like to hear more from those using TT-7.
    All ok?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes, all OK for me. I need to load up Googlemap first to prime the GPS. Then I can use TT7.

The other thing is after you finish install, you have to rename two .dll files. Otherwise it mess up your external audio.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Details on installation please?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    On the two .dll files?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Works well for me... Some minor troubles (TT7 lies about STP GPS status), but it works well otherwise. One issue -- you may need to "trigger/prep" the STP GPS using another GPS program, because TomTom does not immediately see it. You can get details in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Oh... on installation... I did not have to do anything fancy, just a normal install, put the maps on my storage card.... and off I went.

No audio/bluetooth problems at all -- although others have reported issues with sound and or bluetooth.
    Has anyone tried the version that Tomtom is selling on their website?