webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps > TomTom 7 on Treo Pro?
TomTom 7 on Treo Pro?

Old 11/22/2008, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

Anyone tried installing TomTom 7 on a Treo Pro yet? I tried it the other night and it was installing forever and ever and ever, and eventually gave up.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has installed it and got it working or not.

Regards,
Brett.
brettw.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2008, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

In addition to giving up, I downloaded and installed Garmin Mobile XT - sweet! I am a bit of a Garmin fan, as I used this on my 650 and also have an Oregon 300, so now I am as happy as a pig in the proverbial...
brettw.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2008, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Palm is offering a $99 SDHC Micro card with all the GPS software and maps loaded on it. Has anyone tried it? Can the contents of that card be copied to a 8 Gigabyte Card and run correctly?
ftwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2008, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
hjt

I'm running Tom Tom Navigator 7.450 on my Treo Pro - works great.
hjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2008, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjt View Post
I'm running Tom Tom Navigator 7.450 on my Treo Pro - works great.
I second that.
Lawmen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2008, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
Palm is offering a $99 SDHC Micro card with all the GPS software and maps loaded on it. Has anyone tried it? Can the contents of that card be copied to a 8 Gigabyte Card and run correctly?
I believe that is the Palm OS version. However I think the Palm store has the Garmin XT version for $75 after their discount right now. Only problem is that you can't load Garmin onto another SD card which means you will have to swap SD cards most likely.
Dsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2008, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
I believe that is the Palm OS version. However I think the Palm store has the Garmin XT version for $75 after their discount right now. Only problem is that you can't load Garmin onto another SD card which means you will have to swap SD cards most likely.
When I bought my copy of Garmin XT Mobile it came with a install CD which allowed you to install to SD card you wanted to I currently have it on my 8 GIG along with my mp3's etc. I picked mine up on Amazon about a year ago so I'm not sure if they're still selling it but I would think they are. I believe there's also a way to copy the pre-installed SD card to a different card but you have to generate a new unlock code. If you poke around the net enough you'll find the breadcrumb trail on how to do this.
sansnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2008, 04:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for responses to my question. The Garmin that Palm is selling is specifcally for the Treo Pro using a micro SDHC card. I need a memory card. The Pro does have Google Maps with GPS, which does what I need, But it's hard to know what the Garmin will do.
ftwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2008, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

I tested it, it seems to work well but after around 40 mins the GPS goes down, then the whole unit lags and finally freezes. this happened 3/4 times so far...
Old 04/02/2009, 01:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tazmorator

I'd like to hear more from those using TT-7.
All ok?
Old 04/02/2009, 08:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yes, all OK for me. I need to load up Googlemap first to prime the GPS. Then I can use TT7.

The other thing is after you finish install, you have to rename two .dll files. Otherwise it mess up your external audio.
Old 04/02/2009, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Details on installation please?
larryo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2009, 10:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

On the two .dll files?
Old 04/02/2009, 10:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

Works well for me... Some minor troubles (TT7 lies about STP GPS status), but it works well otherwise. One issue -- you may need to "trigger/prep" the STP GPS using another GPS program, because TomTom does not immediately see it. You can get details in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html
insol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2009, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)

Oh... on installation... I did not have to do anything fancy, just a normal install, put the maps on my storage card.... and off I went.

No audio/bluetooth problems at all -- although others have reported issues with sound and or bluetooth.
insol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Has anyone tried the version that Tomtom is selling on their website?
nicolas.navas@navasynavas.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0