Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use QuickMenu and also have WiseBar (paid) and after using QM for a couple of days, removed WiseBar.
    Which version of QM are you using? I see bugs reported.

Also I emailed Wisbar to ask if they're updating Lite for WM6/6.1. I don't really like their full version, but they only updated that and not Lite. It still works, but on 6.1 there's a few glitches. Less glitches on 6. But it's nice and simple and doesn't leave a huge footprint on the screen. It's about the only launcher I can stand so far, and QM looks similar.

P.S. My apology for getting off topic. You may PM me if you prefer.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    That taskbar is an awesome idea!
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    After reading this thread last night I d/l both PointUI and QuickMenu. Mal, did you actually get PointUI to work on your 800w? Every time I use it, it turns the display landscape and doesn't seem to have any option to turn it portrait again! Will try QM next, but right now I'm holding out great hopes for LauncherX.
    I do not agree with the statement that there's no solution currently available that let's you map a shortcut to a data file. Vito Winterface does just that: you make an unlimited number of pages and you can add shortcuts to contacts, applications, settings and files to them.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I believe Elecont Launcher does this also. I just didn't like it for some reason, even though it's quite simple also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think LauncherX might be interesting to a lot of exec palm os users who used to be zlauncher users. I become very accustomed to WM interface but still miss the feel and flexibility of palmos launchers like zlauncher/Initiate etc. SPB Mobile shell is bloated and slow and other launchers I've tried haven't really grown on me either. However I've read good things about Ultimate Launcher but haven't tried it yet. I definitely think there is a market for a innovative new launcher shell for WM, but I agree the sample graphics posted earlier just won't cut it. It would be cool if there were theme packs that could totally change the look and feel of WM into anything like iPhone interface or classic PalmOS or whatever...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    2.7.387.1527 and have had no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Which version of QM are you using? I see bugs reported.

Also I emailed Wisbar to ask if they're updating Lite for WM6/6.1. I don't really like their full version, but they only updated that and not Lite. It still works, but on 6.1 there's a few glitches. Less glitches on 6. But it's nice and simple and doesn't leave a huge footprint on the screen. It's about the only launcher I can stand so far, and QM looks similar.

P.S. My apology for getting off topic. You may PM me if you prefer.
    Thanks! Where did you find the new one? I found the developer's site, but all he has on his site is a slightly older version(I found the English version) and since I can't read Chinese, I couldn't tell if he had an updated one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks! Where did you find the new one? I found the developer's site, but all he has on his site is a slightly older version(I found the English version) and since I can't read Chinese, I couldn't tell if he had an updated one.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340358
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  11. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    People are going to want glossy, 3D, rounded graphics for icons, tabs, etc. Since I'm not a programmer, that's about as deep as I can go in the technical aspects.
    Not everybody is obsessed with eye candy. I'd rather have something small and fast. Quickmenu is OK but the desktop-style menu cascading is too much. PointUI, SPB, Manilla etc and their ilk just waste too much screen space. I'd happily use something that gave the speed and simplicity of the old LauncherX. That's why I abandoned all the other Palm launchers which concentrated more on skinning than core performance. But like the Palm version, on WM, it would need to retain

a) support for all screen resolutions,
    b) fully definable icon sizes and fonts, number of rows and columns
    c) "shrinking" tab headers (i.e. only show text when highlighted)
    d) Definable "always return to/start up" tab
    e) Hidden (for the all the system ROM stuff you never use) and password protected tabs (for your "personal" content)
    f) touch-flo scrolling and tab switching (for devices with no D-Pad)
    g) a main tab that supported basic Today style plugins
    h) plenty of keyboard shortcuts and filtering for qwerty devices
    i) be fast, fast, fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    Not everybody is obsessed with eye candy...
    I agree with you 100% and that's why my WM devices are pretty stripped down.

However, the market is clearly leaning towards the iphone/glossy/eye candy graphics and it sells. I disagree with the trend when it results in less optimized applications and is actually less efficient to launch an app, but c'est la vie.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thanks! That looks like the version on his site, it also says 2.7 but the rest of the numbers was a little less than given by bclinger. However I haven't installed either yet, so maybe the number on the site was off.

But Quickmenu and Wisbar Lite are a lot less intrusive on the screen, Me2. The screen stays just about the same until you open the cascading menu. It stays out of the way until you need it, which is good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12