1.    #1  
    Hello,

My wife's having a problem with her 700wx (Verizon). It won't connect to the internet at all. It was first noticed when the weather wasn't updating. Manually updating has no effect. Internet Explorer just hangs when it starts up. I have to go to running program and end it and it tells me its not responding.

Soft resets have had no effect. I want to do a hard reset, but that will lose all her contacts, right? So I tried to sync it with ActiveSync. I can connect, but the sync hangs. If I end the active sync program on the phone, it tells me it is not responding.

I then tried Sprite backup and that fails, too. I also tried to beam her contacts to my phone using Bluetooth. I paired the two phones (mines an LG VX8300). I can send my contacts to the 700wx, but I cannot for the life of me send hers to my phone. Is this possible?

What else can I do to get her contacts backed up before doing a hard reset?

I have a Sprite backup file from a few months ago. Does that contain her contacts?

I figure this is good time to upgrade to WM6, but I'd like to save her contacts and not have it manually reenter all of them.

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcato View Post
    Hello,

My wife's having a problem with her 700wx (Verizon). It won't connect to the internet at all.
    Check that you have firmware update "TREO700WX_-1.22-VZW". Note the underscore. Version "TREO700WX-1.22-VZW" is NOT sufficient. The underscore version fixed a signaificant Internet connection bug.

VZW Website: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

-Frank
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. It does have the underscore version.

My wife has an old HP IPaq that has an infrared port, so she beamed all her contacts, one by one, to it. I did a hard reset and the internet connection is back. Anyone know how to beam all contacts instead of one by one?

I guess now would be a time to update to 1.24 and WM6.