Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i know there is sprint nav but i dont want to pay 10 a month for it...i'd rather pay upfront...so what i am looking for is gps with voice navigation and for it to use online maps so i dont have to store the maps on my sd card....what software is right for me?
    for a free option check out Amazegps
    Scuze the OT question, but scotty have you noticed any GPS lag when using your Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Scuze the OT question, but scotty have you noticed any GPS lag when using your Pro?
    Zbop, are you asking that question because you feel the 800w has GPS lag? If yes, are you using Sprint Navigation? If yes to both those questions, I'll mention, the 3D moving map in Sprint Navigation seems to run slower than using other higher level views. I think the slight delay at times may be because of processor lag, or data lag downloading graphics, rather than the GPS being slack.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Zbop, are you asking that question because you feel the 800w has GPS lag? If yes, are you using Sprint Navigation? If yes to both those questions, I'll mention, the 3D moving map in Sprint Navigation seems to run slower than using other higher level views. I think the slight delay at times may be because of processor lag, or data lag downloading graphics, rather than the GPS being slack.
    On the contrary, I feel that the 800w GPS performs great, no lag for me.

Just wanted another opinion about the Pro; I've seen posts where people are implying that GPS lag exists on the Pro, but I've haven't seen anyone actually complain about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Seems alright with Google Maps..haven't used it extensively enough to tell you for sure though..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Seems alright with Google Maps..haven't used it extensively enough to tell you for sure though..
    Thanks.