1.    #1  
    Just like many here, I'm an avid PalmOS user. One of the things I liked most was Hobbyst Software's Initiate launcher.

The fastest program launcher for devices with a front keyboard. Just type some random letters of the program you want to launch, and *poof*, Initiate would filter out the possibilities and even launch the program.

The question: what is the alternative on Windows Mobile?

I already found Best Taskman that has the same type of launcher. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my Treo Pro with Real VGA. Any other recommendations?
    Last edited by Gazpacho; 11/20/2008 at 10:43 PM.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Just like many here, I'm an avid PalmOS user. One of the things I liked most was Hobbyst Software's Initiate launcher.

The fastest program launcher for devices with a front keyboard. Just type some random letters of the program you want to launch, and *poof*, Initiate would filter out the possibilities and even launch the program.

I already found Best Taskman that has the same type of launcher. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my Treo Pro with Real VGA. Any other recommendations?
    This may be the answer to your prayers:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174158
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think LauncherX (even on PalmOS) has that type-and-go functionality.

But of course I can ask him.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    i'm looking for this too. what i did was set my left softkey to programs folder. I am so tired of all these iphone copy cat launchers. Most windows phones have physical keyboards. When will software developers allow us to use them. If palm os had 3G and a decent browser I'd still be using my 680
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I started this thread before the presentation of the Palm Pre, which has the Initiate-like features built in. It is the fastest way of launching anything, and I'm flabberghasted that no WM-developer ever thought of that.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post

You'd think that feature would be easy to include. The native Treo Pro contacts list does that for contacts.