Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    We 800 users are definetly the Pontiac Fiero of the PDA industry. Great on paper, poorly made, no support then cancelled.

LOL!!!

ROTFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I did the Radio Shack 3.5mm conversion of the Palm Crapset.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=168008&page=4

The instructions are very precise and I was able to get it completed and working. It took me more time to find my tools and soldering iron than it did to do the job. I needed a magnifying glass to see everything, but it was actually pretty easy.

I have downloaded Mortplayer which has a amplifier to improve volume. I have moved to RealVGA (very cool) and the Mortplayer interface doesn't look so well (there is probably a fix) in this environment, but still if you only increase volume by 20 -45%, much improvement.

Although, it isn't good enough and I will still give Palm grief.

Everyday my crappy 800w gets better, too bad it is totally unrelated to Palm, just the great people here.
    Could you point me in the direction of that vol amp please beachboy, am headeding in the direction of soldering my own 3.5 mm adaptor too.

BigMots
    I was rather happy with this one that I used on my 750:

http://www.buy.com/prod/insten-3-5mm...205878782.html

Looks like it's no longer available.
    Just call me Berd.
    Mortplayer, do a Google search, if you play around with it you'll quickly see anything more than 40% increase will cause severe clipping (crappy sound). A little better than what Palm gave us, but still could be a lot of improvement. I have my fingers crossed they will come out with an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    Could you point me in the direction of that vol amp please beachboy, am headeding in the direction of soldering my own 3.5 mm adaptor too.

BigMots
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12