Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I'me trying to connect my TomTom ONE to my Pro in order to get Traffic data.

Whatever I do, I just can't get TomTom to connect. The TT 'sees' the Treo, and the Pro 'sees' the TomTom, but it always crashes out of the final step, usually ending up with an error message followed by 'The required features could not be found for this phone'.

Anyone had any success?
    Last edited by Biggles; 11/24/2008 at 04:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    [bump]

Has anyone managed to connect a TomTom device to the Pro via BT?
    I had the same issue a couple of days ago. WM6.1 doesn't natively support the bluetooth "Dial-Up Networking" service, which is what TomTom is looking for to be able to connect to the internet.

Apparently I can't post links until i've posted more, but head into google and search for "WM6_BT_DUN". The first link should be from xda-developers, and it contains a link to download the CAB file.

Install that and it will unlock the Dial-Up Networking service and allow you to hook your TomTom up. Worked perfectly for me on my TT One XL.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Sounds good, Nexim, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I knew my 650 needed DUN but had been thinking ICS did that job on the Pro.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Thanks, Nexim, that sorted the BT part of the connection.

But it stalls now when trying to make the data connection. In fact, it turns off the Pro's data connection during the process.

The Pro doesn't appear as one of the TomTom phones, which one did you select?

And my internet password is 16 characters (all asterisks) but TomTom wants to use 'web'. Anyone on UK Vodafone know what the password should be?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    But it stalls now when trying to make the data connection. In fact, it turns off the Pro's data connection during the process.

The Pro doesn't appear as one of the TomTom phones, which one did you select?

And my internet password is 16 characters (all asterisks) but TomTom wants to use 'web'. Anyone on UK Vodafone know what the password should be?
    The Vodafone eForum are suggesting I change my password to 'web' but I'm wary of changing the installed parameters without knowing what the original one was to change it back to.

Other UK Vodafone users: is your data password three characters or 16? Or something else?
    I'm on Vodafone in the UK and I didn't actually get it to dial-up. I ran out of time and haven't tried since, assuming I tapped in the wrong credentials.

As far as I remember, the access point should be "Internet", the username "web" and password should also be "web". I know TomTom wants to try something different but those are the settings that were on my Treo.

I think the part you have to fiddle with is the number to dial. I think it tries something like #9***1 (can't remember exactly). The last digit is the number of the connection (on the Treo) to dial IIRC, and that needs to be changed.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    The password for Contract Internet should, according to all sources I have read, be 'web' but mine displays as '****************'. If I look at the installed setting for Vodafone PrePay GPRS, that too is '****************' instead of the expected 'wap'.

TomTom was using 'web' as the password but I'm reluctant to change my Pro to 'web' since, as I don't know what the 16 characters are, I wouldn't be able to change it back if I'm wrong.

If anyone else has a Vodafone Pro, look at Settings, Connections, Manage Existing Connections, Edit, and see how many characters your contract internet password is?
    Last edited by Biggles; 12/01/2008 at 06:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Vodafone support say the correct password is 'web' but that it displays as 16 characters to fool password thieves! I've changed it to 'web' but it still displays as 16 characters and I'm still having the same problem.

Anyone who's succeeded in connecting: What phone did you select from the list on your TomTom? And, if you need to correct it, what number you set it to dial?

Or has nobody managed to connect to Traffic?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexim View Post
    I think the part you have to fiddle with is the number to dial. I think it tries something like #9***1 (can't remember exactly). The last digit is the number of the connection (on the Treo) to dial IIRC, and that needs to be changed.
    Vodafone confirm that *99# is the correct dial code but can't get me any further saying helpfully, 'It may be a compatibility issue'. No?

I'll have to hope TomTom support come up with something.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    TomTom support are their usual helpful selves. "It's not an officially supported device etc". Their support is so bad I would get a different device, but for the fact their devices are so good. I assume the newer phones will be 'recognised' by TomTom next year some time.

Anyone succeeded in using the Pro with TomTom Traffic yet?