1.    #1  
    So I bought SMARTBLOCK For Smartphones, a sybase product supported my efficasoft. And I find that this thing doesn't work. so i put a number in the blacklist to block sms and calls, and when I get a text from said number, phone still rings! plus when I get a call, it rings once! I want to ring not at all!

Is there a better product out there that you know of? something that allows me to silently receive sms messages from a given number? I don't want it to reject the message completely, I just want it to be silent during a given time for a certain list of people.

what products do you know that work for smartphones or for wm5 that block both sms and calls for a given list, OR just block sms?

thanks
    Try MagiCall, works great on my Treo 800w.
  3.    #3  
    ok great. now does it work for wm5?
  4.    #4  
    What are your thoughts on the 800, did you have the 700 before the 800?
    According to their site, it does.
    http://www.mobiion.com/magicall.html
    Not only is Smartblock mediocre, but it has crashed every phone I used it on. It's OFF my list!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    SMS block on Magicall seems to work half way so far. The SMS on my device does get through, it's just deleted before I see it. I tested it with my set of rules and still get a notification that an SMS came through, but I set it for delete so I don't see it unless I look in deleted items.

I wonder if it works better(as in blocks completely) when you set to block a specific number from sending SMS. I have it set to filter all SMS, to get rid of idiots who try to text crap and only let those who actually have something to say get through. I wish it would delete bad SMS from the device entirely, but I guess something is better than nothing. I think I need to tinker with it some more.

I'm testing the trial version, for the record.

P.S. OK NOW for some reason the text is now deleted entirely. Nothing appears in deleted items after my test, which is what I wanted. You should tinker with the trial version IMO, to see if it works the way you want.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/22/2008 at 07:26 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    According to their site, it does.
    http://www.mobiion.com/magicall.html
    Thanks for reminding me that this one existed. I remembered them from some time back, but couldn't find their new versions.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Hey thanks for sharing this link reverendrhino! Kudos to you!
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Update: The Smartphone version wouldn't reload after a reboot and I had to uninstall and reinstall.

The PPC version worked fine after a reboot though. I had to test it after the other one failed. If that happens again on the smartphone version, I may not be able to use it on there unless I can figure out what's going on.

Also, if you get stuck just email the developer, he's helped me out a lot. So far this is the only working app for my 800w(of its kind).
    You're right, he wrote back within 5 minutes it seems!

He said to try installing the security certificate manually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You're right, he wrote back within 5 minutes it seems!

He said to try installing the security certificate manually.
    I told ya Good Luck...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    Hey thanks for sharing this link reverendrhino! Kudos to you!
    Anytime...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that this one existed. I remembered them from some time back, but couldn't find their new versions.
    I actually found it on Google, so I was lucky also.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Good post! I plan to move into this stuff after I’m done with school, as most of it is time consuming. It’s a great post to reference back to. My blog needs more time to gain in popularity anyway.