Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio has just released an extended-life, OEM-sized 1650 mAh battery for use with the Treo Pro.
    I just wish someone would come out with an external charger for the second battery now.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    Seidio has just released an extended-life, OEM-sized 1650 mAh battery for use with the Treo Pro.
    Well I guess another 150 of mAh might help.
    I never think the Ext Batts that require a Bulging Cover are worth it:
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    In terms of hours how many more hours would an extra 150 mAh give the treo, to me it doesn't sound like that much more energy for 50 dollars. If the original battery is 1500 mAh and lets just say 5 hours talk time and thats it (no internet usage and no email checking), each 300mAh represents 1 hour so 150 mAh would be an extra half hour. I know this probally is not the way to measure energy consumption.
    Last edited by sschlesinger; 11/19/2008 at 10:26 PM.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Too bad for me, I just oredered a Palm OEM spare battey but with the 20% discount and the 20% additional discount for having registered my TP with Palm I think $32 for 15% less juice instead of $49.95 is a much better investment.

Seidio is very smart with their pricing. They are very pricey at first then begin discounting over time and in about a year it will be far less than an OEM battery--check out how cheap their extended batteries for the 750 are today for comparison. It frustrates me because clearly they are still making profits at the cheaper prices but they really stick it to you when they first release something.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Seidio is very smart with their pricing. They are very pricey at first then begin discounting over time and in about a year it will be far less than an OEM battery--check out how cheap their extended batteries for the 750 are today for comparison. It frustrates me because clearly they are still making profits at the cheaper prices but they really stick it to you when they first release something.
    Pretty sure that's the way it works for just about everything.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I agree, I would never use an extended cover with my Pro.
    I couldn't bear messing up such a great form factor.
    But this one doesn't appear to require one, nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I just wish someone would come out with an external charger for the second battery now.
    Looks like Boxwave just came out with a ready to ship cradle+spare battery charger:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/desk...radle_3247.htm
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Looks like Boxwave just came out with a ready to ship cradle+spare battery charger:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/desk...radle_3247.htm
    A cheaper version:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220311067531

If you are like me, I get restless with my phone after a year and I end up with lots of money spent on accessories.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    A cheaper version:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220311067531

If you are like me, I get restless with my phone after a year and I end up with lots of money spent on accessories.
    The only problem I have with that cradle is it ships from Hong Kong I'd just as soon spend a little more and get it locally, like the treocentral store
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    For anyone looking at maybe picking up the Seidio extended battery, there's a 10% off coupon if you buy something $50 or up.

The coupon code is good only from 11/26-11/30:

AM1130

It's not that great if you want just one battery as of course they priced it just under the $50 mark at 49.95. But if you were wanting to get two, or something else...
    Any more good replacement batteries that you guys would suggest.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Pretty sure that's the way it works for just about everything.
    Yup, pretty much everything
    Seidio plans to release a 3500 mah extended battery (with a new door) for Treo pro next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio plans to release a 3500 mah extended battery (with a new door) for Treo pro next week.
    Any update on this

It is still showing not released
    Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
    Any update on this

It is still showing not released
    There is a picture of it now - the extended battery cover is pretty ugly.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Agreed

Although I need it

I can't make it a day on one charge..
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post

Treo Pro Cradle / Palm Treo Pro Cradle - Desktop Cradle
    Like most things from Boxwave, it is ways overpriced...$53 plus tax and shipping? I'll pass and wait for it for $19.95 on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
    Agreed

Although I need it

I can't make it a day on one charge..
    I hear ya. That is why I carry a spare battery. OEM are fine.

I would be all over the iPhone, but the non-replaceable battery is a non-starter for a heavy user. I just swap out the battery and go on my way.

Give it a couple months, and battery prices will drop.

When the HTC Touch Diamond and Pro came out, batteries and chargers went for a high price...a couple months later, you could get a OEM battery AND cradle (with extra battery charger) for $20-$30 on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I hear ya. That is why I carry a spare battery. OEM are fine.

I would be all over the iPhone, but the non-replaceable battery is a non-starter for a heavy user. I just swap out the battery and go on my way.

Give it a couple months, and battery prices will drop.

When the HTC Touch Diamond and Pro came out, batteries and chargers went for a high price...a couple months later, you could get a OEM battery AND cradle (with extra battery charger) for $20-$30 on eBay.
    I would pay $100 and not blink. That isn't much of an issue as I run my business off this phone.

and the iphone is garbage any ways
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast