Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I experience enough wild swings in my battery life (depending on how much I use it, it lasts for either 2 days or 10 hours) that I'm a bit skeptical that I'd really be able to notice 10% more battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by EtradeAsia View Post
    Hello Everybody, my name is Nikolai and i work for shop.eten.hu. Just would like to inform everybody that the Mugen Power battery for treo pro with 1800mAh SHOULD perfom 20% longer that the stock 1500mAh battery. If you bought Mugen Battery from us and are not happy with performance, please contact us (shop.eten.hu/contact_us.php) and we will arrange a replacement for you.
    Thanks for the reassurance. I am only in the 2nd charge cycle so it's too early to say if it is indeed 20% better. I'll post feedback here after about 5 charge-discharge cycles.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Any thoughts yet?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    My review of the Mugen 1800 mAh battery...

I've been using my Mugen 1800 mAh battery for a few days now and have to say I have observed a good bump in power.

I've had my GSM Treo Pro since they were available, so I've used the stock Palm 1500mAh battery which came with it which left a lot to be desired other than making the form factor so thin. Like any power user, I've got emails coming in all day, phone calls, text messages and I run a GPS navigation program and play/stream mp3's when I have chance so the stock battery didn't get me too far.

I was glad when Seido released their 1650mAh battery for the Treo Pro because being able to use it with the existing back cover was a must-have. It was better than the stock, but I've been really pleased with the Mugen 1800 mAh battery because I've observed another step forward in battery power and still kept that nice Treo Pro form factor. It's been very noticeable and consistent even coming from the 1650mAh Seido. I can only imagine the difference from the stock Palm battery. Personally, I think getting one of these if you're still using the stock Palm battery is a no-brainer.

Other than the very welcome power increase, I will say I thought the price was fair and the free (international) shipping was what sealed the deal. My only minor criticism is that the silver wrapping around the battery is a bit cheap and wasn't fully sealed on the one I received. To be clear, this is not the hard case of the battery itself but just what appears to be a branding label Mugen places over the manufactured hard case. I almost went ahead and ripped the whole label off but in the end have just been living with it. Mungen if you read this, do try to make sure you seal these better going forward, ok? And thanks for the extra amps, well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    My review of the Mugen 1800 mAh battery...

I've been using my Mugen 1800 mAh battery for a few days now and have to say I have observed a good bump in power.

I've had my GSM Treo Pro since they were available, so I've used the stock Palm 1500mAh battery which came with it which left a lot to be desired other than making the form factor so thin. Like any power user, I've got emails coming in all day, phone calls, text messages and I run a GPS navigation program and play/stream mp3's when I have chance so the stock battery didn't get me too far.

I was glad when Seido released their 1650mAh battery for the Treo Pro because being able to use it with the existing back cover was a must-have. It was better than the stock, but I've been really pleased with the Mugen 1800 mAh battery because I've observed another step forward in battery power and still kept that nice Treo Pro form factor. It's been very noticeable and consistent even coming from the 1650mAh Seido. I can only imagine the difference from the stock Palm battery. Personally, I think getting one of these if you're still using the stock Palm battery is a no-brainer.

Other than the very welcome power increase, I will say I thought the price was fair and the free (international) shipping was what sealed the deal. My only minor criticism is that the silver wrapping around the battery is a bit cheap and wasn't fully sealed on the one I received. To be clear, this is not the hard case of the battery itself but just what appears to be a branding label Mugen places over the manufactured hard case. I almost went ahead and ripped the whole label off but in the end have just been living with it. Mungen if you read this, do try to make sure you seal these better going forward, ok? And thanks for the extra amps, well done!
    Nice! I might have to pick one of these up
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Was planning on getting an extra battery....should I just get the original palm battery, or is this extended battery worth it?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    Was planning on getting an extra battery....should I just get the original palm battery, or is this extended battery worth it?
    I've been keeping track of the posts on this forum and others... seems a mixed bag.

Some are reporting more... some are stating the same... while I've not read many stating less...

My thought is it depends on price... palm battery vs. an extended... if the extended are only slightly more than palm's battery I might spring for one...

If someone launched an extra battery that was the same size as the original (or even a very small hump) around 2200, I think that would do well and may be enough to show an improvement in battery life. As it stands, I think bopgun had it right stating he/she can't tell.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I'll probably just stick with the palm battery that is intended for the phone
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    I ordered one the Mugen 1800 mAh batteries ...Let's see how it works out once I receive it.
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Not sure why I did this, but I got the mugen 3600 and the 1800. I prefer the 3600 because it last 1000x longer. I tried the 1800 because I wanted to preserve the size. It didn't last that long at all. Infact, it would almost seem as though the palm battery lasted longer at times. I think one day I saw the mugen 1800 go 20mins longer, which IMO, isn't much of a difference...
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laquinta View Post
    Wow. LOL
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    any update on battery life of these extended batteries compared to OEM?
    my phone was good for a long time. But over time installing things and using more power throughout the day and pulling it out of your pocket more often uses more battery. I caved and got the Seidio 3500 from the store on this page, i absolutely love it. It came with a new battery cover to cover the back and has a nice velvety feel to it. I have never run out of battery since then =) best upgrade i have ever bought, probably the only upgrade lol
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345