Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Hi Fellow Members,

I just installed the BodyGuardz Film on my TP. I must say, to apply the film, it's not easy to do a good job. I have found that the film is not perfect either. Even with the cut outs, there are still places that don't get covered that well. This is ok since I'll be using a plastic case as well but just the idea of spending Twenty something Dollars on film, I would expect better coverage. I'll take pictures later. For example, where the edges meet between the film, they definitely do not cover well. The place at the bottom where you could potentially put a cellphone strap, those holes are covered up. (it doesn't matter for me since I won't be using them but for others who will, it may be of a problem). Overall, I would say the cutouts are okay but not as perfect as it is advertised to be. I know why say send you two, they claim it's because you can use the other as spare in case you need a new film to protect the phone, but reality is, if you are not familiar with doing something like this and you were to mess it up, the second one is there for you to perfect which I believe is why they have included two of them.

If you have questions about the product, feel free to reply so that we can have this as a discussion just for this protective film.

If you are familiar with installing car tints, this is very similar except you don't need a heat gun but the concept of installation is the same.
    Last edited by Gtrain; 11/19/2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Adding Application expertise
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I find the coverage of the BodyGuardz to be fine. Yes, installation is tricky but is manageable.
    Thanks for the post. I did consider it but in the end went for the $10 Silicon case from Brando HK
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I find the coverage of the BodyGuardz to be fine. Yes, installation is tricky but is manageable.
    Do you find that it really covers EVERYTHING? For me it does not. There are gaps here and there. I installed by matching any holees possible first. For example, I match the speaker/camera to align the back yet it's still off but the alignment to the holes are perfect. Therefore I don't think this is as good as they say it is.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yes, I would say it covers everything, with the exception of the keyboard, lower buttons and center button. Certainly the back and edges are 100% covered.
    I have also bought and installed the bodyguardz film. IMO it does a decent job in coverage, but could be better. I can feel the 'gaps' where one part of the film ends and where the other begins (battery cover and side). It doesnt bother me much. I do like that it gives more grip than a naked TP. Also, its hides fingerprints better. I installed the film right below my bedroom light, which was a bad idea because the light reflected off the shiny black surface and somewhat blinding me. Anyways, I still managed to put on the film almost perfectly. I aligned the holes as best i could and was able to put everything on neatly. My suggesting would be to install this during the daytime in a well lit room but not in direct light and use that spray often. Right now, Im searching for a hard case that slides onto the phone, not those crappy snap-on ones. An example would be the Incase Slider for the iPhone. Something like that would be perfect for me. Does anyone know of such a case?