Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I have been playing around with the camera on the Pro, and I have noticed that the colors are very washed out with the factory settings. If you increase the saturation from +3 to +4, you will get much truer colors.

    I will also mention that I did some comparison photos between the Centro and the Pro. I was convinced initially that the Centro took better pics. Turns out I was very much wrong. The Pro takes much clearer photos, and once the saturation setting is corrected, the colors are the same.

    If you guys come up with another means of improving the camera's pictures, please post them. Cameras on PDAs are mostly poor, but still fun to use for quick snaps.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  2.    #2  
    As I am playing around with it now, I noticed a problem with the light sensor on the camera. If you start the camera up in a dark room, it will make your subsequent pictures dark. To improve brightness, aim the camera at something bright like a TV set, then go back to your darker subject. The picture will be brighter and better.

    Edit to add: You can improve the darkness by aiming the camera at any bright light source, like a lamp. The camera must first adjust down in brightness and then back up. Subsequent pictures will be fine. Apparently, when the camera starts up, the software that adjusts brightness will not work if going from a dark to a darker environment, but does work if going from a bright to a darker environment. I consider this a bug in the software.
    Last edited by PDAholic; 11/19/2008 at 03:55 AM.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  3. #3  
    Your right the colors are truer and the light to darker idea works better, but I still prefer to use my Canon 50D.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    but I still prefer to use my Canon 50D.
    Yeah, you won't find many folks claiming that their phone takes better pictures than their digital camera. Only problem is, my digital camera leaves a large bulge in my pants pocket.

    Is that a digital camera in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  5. #5  
    Yeah I know what u mean. I usually haul around my big camera but there are some days when the treo is nice to have.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  6. #6  
    great tips. I'll try the saturation one. I figured the default setting was palm's best attempt? I use my treo as my sole camera.
    Mike

    Eph 2:8-9
  7.    #7  
    The light sensor issue is a bit annoying. I have figured out that if I am indoors and want to take a picture with any degree of brightness, then I need to fire up the camera, wait for it to load, then aim it at something bright, then aim it at my subject and take a picture. The problem is that if you are in a place like a restaurant with soft, dark lightening, there will be no bright light source to fix the sensor, so all your pictures will come out dark and underexposed. My belief that this is the perfect phone is starting to waver.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  8. #8  
    Good tips, thanks. Another thing I noticed is if you take a few shots in very bright light (very sunny), it will freeze up the phone and a soft reset is required. Sounds like some general problems with the camera's light sensor.
  9. #9  
    I can't figure out how to turn the saturation level up. How can I get to that setting?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WMguy View Post
    Good tips, thanks. Another thing I noticed is if you take a few shots in very bright light (very sunny), it will freeze up the phone and a soft reset is required. Sounds like some general problems with the camera's light sensor.
    I've noticed that too...but it wasn't very bright once when my froze up...it was almost sundown? another time it was bright though...

    @palandri...camera settings/advanced/image properties
    Mike

    Eph 2:8-9
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler View Post
    I've noticed that too...but it wasn't very bright once when my froze up...it was almost sundown? another time it was bright though...

    @palandri...camera settings/advanced/image properties
    Got it. Thank you!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    As I am playing around with it now, I noticed a problem with the light sensor on the camera. If you start the camera up in a dark room, it will make your subsequent pictures dark. To improve brightness, aim the camera at something bright like a TV set, then go back to your darker subject. The picture will be brighter and better.

    Edit to add: You can improve the darkness by aiming the camera at any bright light source, like a lamp. The camera must first adjust down in brightness and then back up. Subsequent pictures will be fine. Apparently, when the camera starts up, the software that adjusts brightness will not work if going from a dark to a darker environment, but does work if going from a bright to a darker environment. I consider this a bug in the software.
    Two pics from this morning of toaster oven with teapot and coffee pot next to it (Dad needed a size approximation of toaster oven). Same distance, same light, same settings in phone. Could not for the life of me get the second pic to be as bright as the first. Definitely buggy light sensor in this device. Still love it though.


  13.    #13  
    [QUOTE=WMguy;1525443]Two pics from this morning of toaster oven with teapot and coffee pot next to it (Dad needed a size approximation of toaster oven). Same distance, same light, same settings in phone. Could not for the life of me get the second pic to be as bright as the first. Definitely buggy light sensor in this device. Still love it though.

    To get the second pic as bright as the first, aim the camera at a bright light, like a lightbulb. You will see the screen initially turn really bright, then the sensor will kick in and throttle the amount of light down. Do NOT restart the camera at this point. Go immediately to your darker subject, aim the camera and wait a second for the light to throttle back up. Then take a picture.

    Unfortunately, once you close and restart the camera app, the sensor stops functioning again, so you have to repeat the process.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  14. #14  
    thanks for the tip, i always wondered why my pictures are so dark

Posting Permissions