1.    #1  
    When i hit satrt all i get is a couple folders and Today but nothing happens when i hit either of them and i can't get to programs, settings or anything else thatuse to come up when u hit start. I soft reset it it several times and also came up in safe mpde but still nothing in start and pictures gone from speed dial on front. Is there any way to update or repair my windows?
    Also came up in safe mode? Not sure what you mean by that....

Sounds like you need to hard reset and start over.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaw900r View Post
    When i hit satrt all i get is a couple folders and Today but nothing happens when i hit either of them and i can't get to programs, settings or anything else thatuse to come up when u hit start. I soft reset it it several times and also came up in safe mpde but still nothing in start and pictures gone from speed dial on front. Is there any way to update or repair my windows?
    What in thee Sam hell did you do? Safe mode? I did not even know that was possible.
  4.    #4  
    U 2 r the ones i hoped would help me and i have stumped u 2 wow. First wa trying to get activesync working again and it is but whenit reset it cameup weird so i rfeset it again then i got the safe mode function. So how do i hard reset if that is my last result? T/u but i thought i had really hit the wall here. Might be best since i know more and can add the sotware i like sin'ce i have tested so much of it. Let me know what u 2 or anyone else thinks and i will go forward at 5:30 when i get to work in the morning. It is strang everything is working i just can't get the start button stuck to pop up.
    You've confused us because there's no such thing as safe mode for a WM device.

To hard reset:
    http://www.pocketpccentral.net/help/palm/800w_reset.htm

(Do be aware that it'll wipe your device. Completely.)
    Last edited by Ebag333; 11/18/2008 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You've confused us because there's no such thing as safe mode for a WM device.

To hard reset:
    http://www.pocketpccentral.net/help/palm/800w_reset.htm

(Do be aware that it'll wipe your device. Completely.)
    Actually there is a 'Safe Mode'.
    It's happened to me a couple times.
    When it happens at Boot-up, a pop-up will ask something like; 'Hit some button or other to enter 'Safe Mode'

It's there, I just don't remember what brings it up.
    It happened to me like twice.

Like when I tried to install Ebags RealVGA!
    Just call me Berd.
    I just googled 'Safe Mode ppc' and then I tried 'Safe Mode Wm' then 'Safe Mode 6.1' - Nothing!

hmm.
    Now I wonder what I saw.
    It did happen, and when it did I thought hmm..
    Now I'm wondering if I was trippin.

I tell you this; if it happens again, I will most definitely take a picture.
    I'm not as think as you stoned I am!
    Just call me Berd.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It seems SPB Pocket Plus provides a safe mode boot option.

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/948287-1.html
    And that very well may have been it.
    I did try spb pocket plus and mobile shell.
    I betcha it was with spb pocket plus.

Either way, kaw900r needs to Hard Reset and start over.
  10.    #10  
    Appreciate the responses and the hard reset is complete and my phone is back ready for me to begin setting it up again. Forgot what it looked like from a fresh start not a bad phone. But the safe mode is real and I guess it did come from SPB since i was running a few of their apps. Once again t/y all

It's not fun unless to get cut every now & then on the cutting edge!!!
    fyi, if you up were running mobile shell, all you had to do was go into your button settings (start - settings - buttons) and change the start menu back to <Start Menu>. then your default start menu would come back up.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    fyi, if you up were running mobile shell, all you had to do was go into your button settings (start - settings - buttons) and change the start menu back to <Start Menu>. then your default start menu would come back up.
    That's what my problem was I couldn't do anything from the start button. It was fudged as in my post above. But all is good once again. fresh with only software i know i like and want.