1.    #1  
    Ok,

As a longtime Palm user, I am actually pleasantly surprised at the WinMo interface. I've spent several weeks with the Treo Pro, and overall I'm very happy.

BUT, I cannot get the device to reliably sync with Windows Mobile Device Center via bluetooth. It works fine when connected to USB, and I've even had a few successes via bluetooth after the initial setup. But it seems like every time I have to set up the sync relationship over again. I've tried searching, and found some people have had success by selecting COM ports. I've tried this, and yes, it works once or twice, but the next day I'm faced with the same issues of 1) no com port available, or 2) no activesync relationship is found.

Has anyone had RELIABLE and CONSISTENT success with activesync via bluetooth?

FWIW, I am using Vista with a Kensington bluetooth dongle with most recent drivers.

Thanks!
    I ran into similar issues, I had to make sure the old Hotsync wasn't running. Then when I paired Activesync was available.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Who is this jamesgang Character!

Hey James! It's been a long time.

Hope things are well
    Eh, so-so. You have been busy I see.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Umm, ok.

So, I don't have hotsync running or installed.

Does anyone have any advise? I'm glad the two above posters found each other again, but it really didn't help my problem too much.

The minute you plug your Pro into your computer the first time it should have asked you to setup your Computer to sync with your Pro.

It didn't do that?
    Open Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center
    Check under Connection Settings
    Make sure Allow connections to one of the following: COMXX [AS] or Bluetooth [WMDC] is checked.
    You may want to delete partnerships on your PC and device and re-establish them.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter