Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my 800w about a week ago and I love it.

Now I want to load it up with software, particularly good freeware utilities.

I am still looking for freeware apps to perform the following functions:

Aggregate or sync multiple calendars -- for example, aggregate outlook, yahoo, and/or google. The preferable method would be to have a primary cloud-based calendar on which I could choose which appointments to synchronize with Exchange. The Microsoft Live contacts syncing feature is exactly what I am looking for, but for a calendar.

Adding more customizable hardware button combinations to launch programs (above and beyond the dozen-or-so preset button combinations).

I would also be interested in any other useful freeware utilities.

I currently have:
    Windows Live
    Opera 9.5
    Skyfire
    FdcSoft Task Manager 3.1
    FdcSoft Softkeys Applet 1.4
    FdcSoft Start Menu 1.6
    FdcSoft Task Switcher 1.5
    Mobile Web Server 3.0

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axelrod_eric View Post

Adding more customizable hardware button combinations to launch programs (above and beyond the dozen-or-so preset button combinations).

AEButton+
  3. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I got my 800w about a week ago and I love it.

Now I want to load it up with software, particularly good freeware utilities.

I am still looking for freeware apps to perform the following functions:

Aggregate or sync multiple calendars -- for example, aggregate outlook, yahoo, and/or google. The preferable method would be to have a primary cloud-based calendar on which I could choose which appointments to synchronize with Exchange. The Microsoft Live contacts syncing feature is exactly what I am looking for, but for a calendar.

I currently have:
    Windows Live
    Opera 9.5
    Skyfire
    FdcSoft Task Manager 3.1
    FdcSoft Softkeys Applet 1.4
    FdcSoft Start Menu 1.6
    FdcSoft Task Switcher 1.5
    Mobile Web Server 3.0

Thanks.
    How do you get Skyfire to work on the 800, I find it useless.
    Whoa man, slow down. Do one app at a time and make sure there are no side effects before adding another. I have done a bunch of hard resets from apps that caused havoc. Right now I only have 2 apps installed and 1 Sprint app (picture mail) and it seems to run smoother. Although the picture mail CAB does freeze up my today screen at times. Slowly.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    Really? I really dig on the 800w. Uses a lot of battery, but it's unparalleled for straight up "full web page" with flash.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Really? I really dig on the 800w. Uses a lot of battery, but it's unparalleled for straight up "full web page" with flash.
    I don't use Skyfire as my main browser due to battery drain, but it's great for Hulu, yahoo vids, etc.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G

Thanks.
    Take a look at the forum. RealVGA, Treo Alerts, and Hannip's switch to poutlook are just three I can name off the top of my head that all work well (Hannip's more so than mine ).

And Skyfire works great for me. I strictly use it for flash sites however.
    IMNSVHO, the most useful freeware app (no offense to Treo Alert Manager) is MyMobiler, which allows you to view and control your device from your pc.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    The version of Skyfire I downloaded works beautifully. I'll have to check the version num, but it was the latest available version when I made this post.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Whoa man, slow down. Do one app at a time and make sure there are no side effects before adding another. I have done a bunch of hard resets from apps that caused havoc. Right now I only have 2 apps installed and 1 Sprint app (picture mail) and it seems to run smoother. Although the picture mail CAB does freeze up my today screen at times. Slowly.
    I've been carful. I performed a backup before each install, and I tested each app before I installed another.

I haven't looked, but does Picture Mail allow you to send images via SMS?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I second that.
    I haven't looked, but does Picture Mail allow you to send images via SMS?
    That is the sole purpose of the new picturemail cab for the 800w.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    And where might I find this app?
  15.    #15  
    That did it. Thanks.

I installed that app but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere. The page says it should be under the Start>Programs>Messaging>Menu>New>Picture Mail but I don't get that option. Any ideas?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I installed that app but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere. The page says it should be under the Start>Programs>Messaging>Menu>New>Picture Mail but I don't get that option. Any ideas?

To send a regular picture mail message, open a picture and then choose Menu > Send Picture Mail.
    Dumb question as I am new to Windows Mobile. A converted user from the Palm OS.

But how do you install a .cab file once it's on your desktop PC? The .cab file won't copy to my phone nor will it allow me to install it from my PC. The only way that "I" can intall apps on the phone is to download it directly onto my phone from the web.
    Active Sync should have created a folder on your PC's desktop (think mine is "Treo 800w") with a sync symbol on it. Simply drag, cut or paste the cab or any other file or folder into the sync folder and Active Sync will sync it to the Treo. Then on the Treo find it with File Explorer and click on it to install.
    I agree, I run Skyfire on my 800w and works great. Plays Youtube and other videos too.

The version of Skyfire I downloaded works beautifully. I'll have to check the version num, but it was the latest available version when I made this post.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast