Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As you know, in the Smartphone Round Robin, all the editors for each Smartphone Experts site has to use a different phone. We aren't allowed to use our everday smartphones until the Round Robin is over. We've all done video reviews of our first devices and I posted mine yesterday.

CrackBerry Kevin's first device is the Treo Pro. Poor Kevin can't play with his beloved BlackBerry devices and what's really bad is that the BlackBerry Storm is coming out this week. I know that is torture for Kevin. Hang in there Kevin!

Kevin has been playing around with the Treo Pro for a few days and he's posted his <a href="http://crackberry.com/smartphone-round-robin-palm-treo-pro-first-impressions" target="_blank">video review</a>. Hey Kevin, I feel your pain. You've got the Treo Pro and are finding out all the great stuff about it. I've barely gotten to know the Treo Pro and now I've had to lay it aside for the next month or so. Of course Kevin has it worse at the moment since a brand new BlackBerry Storm is just coming out.

Kevin is used to getting his BlackBerry screen to come to life by pressing the trackball, and he was a little frustrated that the center button on the Treo Pro doesn't activate the screen. I think he's getting used to it though. Kevin prefers the BlackBerry Bold's keyboard as he feels that the Treo Pro's keyboard is more narrow and harder to type on.

Kevin loves the application in the top right corner of the Treo Pro that brings up the Task Manager and Memory.

Head on over to CrackBerry.com and watch Kevin's video review and see what he likes and dislikes about the Palm Treo pro. Let Kevin know what you think.

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    With the Storm coming, Kevin should just hook me up with it since ya know, he can't use it anyways lmao :P

I'm sure jennifer would agree with me on this Kevin, I mean...you did steal her Treo Pro away from her haha!! (if you're reading this)

Kevin made some awesome points in the video regarding the keyboard and the lag, I can't for the life of me figure out why the lag is so prominent there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    As you know, in the Smartphone Round Robin, all the editors for each Smartphone Experts site has to use a different phone. We aren't allowed to use our everday smartphones until the Round Robin is over. We've all done video reviews of our first devices and I posted mine yesterday.

CrackBerry Kevin's first device is the Treo Pro. Poor Kevin can't play with his beloved BlackBerry devices and what's really bad is that the BlackBerry Storm is coming out this week. I know that is torture for Kevin. Hang in there Kevin!

Kevin has been playing around with the Treo Pro for a few days and he's posted his <a href="http://crackberry.com/smartphone-round-robin-palm-treo-pro-first-impressions" target="_blank">video review</a>. Hey Kevin, I feel your pain. You've got the Treo Pro and are finding out all the great stuff about it. I've barely gotten to know the Treo Pro and now I've had to lay it aside for the next month or so. Of course Kevin has it worse at the moment since a brand new BlackBerry Storm is just coming out.

Kevin is used to getting his BlackBerry screen to come to life by pressing the trackball, and he was a little frustrated that the center button on the Treo Pro doesn't activate the screen. I think he's getting used to it though. Kevin prefers the BlackBerry Bold's keyboard as he feels that the Treo Pro's keyboard is more narrow and harder to type on.

Kevin loves the application in the top right corner of the Treo Pro that brings up the Task Manager and Memory.

Head on over to CrackBerry.com and watch Kevin's video review and see what he likes and dislikes about the Palm Treo pro. Let Kevin know what you think.

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    2 Pro Contest Threads?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173937
    Just call me Berd.
    Haha!! All the round robin posts are contest threads, I hope that wasn't a complaint lol, more chances to win and share ideas on the devices
    No it wasn't a complaint
    I missed the boat on the last Round Robin, and wasn't sure about a few things like;
    Do I need to post in every RR thread?
    Every day?
    Can I post anything?
    Or do I actually have to make a semi-construtive comment?
    I understand atleast once a day, but can I just say; "checkin-In" or "Making my Post for the Day"

?
    I have to say I really like my Treo Pro and I've never owned a Treo before but I did own blackberries in the past (the 8700c was the last). I got over my blackberry addiction easily.
    i agree... styluses are things of the past and i hope palms new os doesnt require one
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
    Not a Treo Pro owner, but I do have a Treo 800, and I really don't find the need for a stylus very often. I used to pull mine out once a week or so, but I lost it weeks ago and have not missed it much since.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Kevin is used to getting his BlackBerry screen to come to life by pressing the trackball, and he was a little frustrated that the center button on the Treo Pro doesn't activate the screen. I think he's getting used to it though.
    Being an 800w owner, I was SHOCKED when Kevin could not start the Treo Pro by pressing the center "Palm" button. That is exactly how I start my Treo 800w all the time and it works as Kevin would expect on the 800w. I never knew it didn't work on the Treo Pro.

Hope there's a hack that allows Treo Pro owners to use their center button to start it if they desire.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Being an 800w owner, I was SHOCKED when Kevin could not start the Treo Pro by pressing the center "Palm" button. That is exactly how I start my Treo 800w all the time and it works as Kevin would expect on the 800w. I never knew it didn't work on the Treo Pro.

Hope there's a hack that allows Treo Pro owners to use their center button to start it if they desire.
    hmm...

I never used the center button to wake my 650, 750, or now Pro.
    I use the Red Button.

I just tried the 750, and it doesn't wake with Center Button.

750, and now Pro, hit the Red Button, Pop-Up with message "Press Center to Button to Unlock"
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    hmm...

I never used the center button to wake my 650, 750, or now Pro.
    I use the Red Button.

I just tried the 750, and it doesn't wake with Center Button.

750, and now Pro, hit the Red Button, Pop-Up with message "Press Center to Button to Unlock"
    I don't recall using the center button to start the device on older models like my 650 or 600, but I do know I noticed the center button starts my 800w and I've been using it ever since.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Enjoyed the video. Have a question on the Pro. Can you run Palm apps on Pro (just have to wade through the WM mud to get to it)?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLove View Post
    Enjoyed the video. Have a question on the Pro. Can you run Palm apps on Pro (just have to wade through the WM mud to get to it)?
    You can using StyleTap.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info and the link. I'll check it out!
    I am surprised at all the difference between the 800W and the Pro. I gave my 700WX to my son and have been trying to like the origanal touch since Augast. Can't take it any more and am waiting for a 800w to arrive.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Man, Kevin talks fast! I guess that nervous twitch is a Blackberry thing.

He thinks a stylus is old school? With some newer devices going to large, multi-touch, capacitive screens, maybe that's true. However, I've been using a stylus for so long (remember graffiti?) that it is second nature. Also, finger touches and trackballs can't do everything well. I really appreciate a stylus when I have gloves on, when I am using a highly detailed app on a small screen, or when I need to draw something. It opens up all sorts of smartphone uses beyond calendars, email, messaging and videos.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    How I would kill for a Palm OS 3G GSM phone. Windows Mobile is maddening. I have owned Palm, WM6 Standard and WM6 Pro. I dream of the Palm OS even with its single tasking shortcomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    I am surprised at all the difference between the 800W and the Pro.
    I would of liked a mix of both.
    Well maybe just the 800's Keyboard.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The Treo Pro is a great phone although it does have a bad rep of mysterious cracks. If I were to make a better Treo Pro, they should make its body kit more durable and solid kinda like the Centro.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast