Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I just switched from a centro over to an 800w. Now i have horrible signal strength. At my house I have 1 bar when I had full signal on my centro. I don't get service at all in the science building on campus and I previously had 3 or 4 bars on my centro anywhere in the building.


    Is anyone else experiencing this crappy signal with the 800w or do I have a defective phone?

    I'm not sure if I could get it exchanged for a bad transmitter because it will get full signal in some areas and my luck will prove that it will probably have full signal at the sprint store.
  2. #2  
    The 700wx was known to show far less signal strength than it actually had.

    The 800w doesn't seem to be as bad, but still does this same.

    If I have one or two bars, I get perfectly clear calls, and get full speed on data.

    Unless you're getting noticeably worse calls or bad data connections, I wouldn't worry about it. Your Centro may have been giving you more bars than your 800w, but I'm willing to bet it's just the way it reports the number of bars.


    FWIW my 800 is better at picking up (and maintaining) signals than my 700wx. There's lots of places where I get signal with my 800w that I can't with my 700wx.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    There's lots of places where I get signal with my 800w that I can't with my 700wx.
    Same here
  4.    #4  
    ya, i haven't had problems when i have low bars, but I can't get over the no signal.

    If I can't get signal in the science building then i'll be out of signal for most of the day every day. I've never had a problem with service in there before.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    If I can't get signal in the science building then i'll be out of signal for most of the day every day. I've never had a problem with service in there before.
    If? Why don't you try it out before you start freaking out about it?
  6. #6  
    Can't complain about the signal, the 800 is far better than the 700wx.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  7. tli415's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If? Why don't you try it out before you start freaking out about it?
    Reading comprehension fail.
  8. #8  
    Is the Centro Rev. 0 or Rev.A?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Is the Centro Rev. 0 or Rev.A?
    Rev0

    I also get better service/recpetion than my 700wx. Seems as good if not better than my Centro.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #10  
    Reception is average for me. Not great but not bad. If it's way worse than your Centro, the 800w is probably defective. I'd get it replaced with a new one.
  11. RStall's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    I just switched from a centro over to an 800w. Now i have horrible signal strength. At my house I have 1 bar when I had full signal on my centro. I don't get service at all in the science building on campus and I previously had 3 or 4 bars on my centro anywhere in the building.


    Is anyone else experiencing this crappy signal with the 800w or do I have a defective phone?

    I'm not sure if I could get it exchanged for a bad transmitter because it will get full signal in some areas and my luck will prove that it will probably have full signal at the sprint store.

    I did up until last night. my phone used to get horrible reception and the internet connection would show the "1x" instead of the "ev" and would rarely connect to a webpage. The sprint tech had me reset the data profile and the phone works like a charm now. i have full signal strength and a constant "ev" internet connection.

    i was just about to buy a blackberry LOL
  12. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #12  
    How to reset the data profile?
  13. #13  
    Dial ##3282#, press the update button.
  14. #14  
    My 800w gets much better reception than my 700p did. My house is in a bit of a dead zone and before I got my airave I had dropped calls all the time with my 700p. No problems with the 800w. My wife has a Centro and her reception seems *almost* the same as my 800w. I think the Centro has better reception than the 700p and maybe the 700wx (same radio?).
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If? Why don't you try it out before you start freaking out about it?
    Did you even read my post?




    Ok, weird fact: My phone now works in the science building. I don't have perfect signal, but I noticed the other day that I started getting signal in that building now. Maybe it was something up with sprints tower strength last week.

Posting Permissions