1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,
    Long time member, just haven't posted much! I switched away from my Treo 750 to an iPhone, and now each day I miss the customizations, tweaks, etc more and more. I'm certain many of you can relate.....

Anyway, I have been experiencing a lot of dropped calls while on a 3G call and switching over to Edge in mid-conversation. It is infuriating me, actually.

My question is this: is anyone experiencing this behavior with the Treo Pro? I really want to go to a Pro, but am uncertain about the 3G/Edge switch. Is this just normal behavior for GSM 3G/Edge switching? Am I missing something here?
    Thanks,
    Bill,
    Chicago
    I used to have this issue a lot with my Blackjack but I have not had the issue even once with the Treo Pro. I drive frequently from 3G rich Austin to Edge suburbs and that was the downfall of my blackjack.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply! Great to hear!
    I am pretty sure this has happened a few times to me in Los Angeles when going from 3G to EDGE but not the reverse, however the vast majority of the time I am fine. It seems like it happens in streaks or doesn't happen.

I think it used to happen much more often on my 750 and moreso when the 3G network was newer--but I could be wrong.

Bottomline is I would not say this is a real issue worth worrying about IMO.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info. Come to think of it, I seem to have this problem in streaks as well. I have a string of dropped calls/call failed problems, then it kind of goes away. And I live in a strong 3G area.
    if you search my posts you will find infinite stories about my horror with the iphone and dropped calls. I have been through 4 iPhones 3G all with horrible dropped calls whether the phone is set to 3G or edge.

ATT let me out of my contract because of it. Apple is willing to take the phone back 3 months later.

I like the iphone so am going to keep it as an ipod only. Apple is sending me a new one in the box right now.

It is not a 3G issue. I immediately went to a treo pro and and epix with very few dropped calls. I had over 100 the first month of the iphone.

Just got an Android G1 and so far I LOVE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post

Just got an Android G1 and so far I LOVE IT!
    T-Mo or Unlocked with Att?
    Just call me Berd.
    T-mobile, why not I have great coverage so far and the plan is cheaper.
  9.    #9  
    Congrats on your G1! How do you like it so far?
    I recently did a couple tests.
    On my way home, as I drive down our road, there's a place where my Pro goes from '3G' to 'E'.
    So I initiated a call to see what would happen as it went from '3G' to 'E'.
    Both times it went from '3G' to 'G' - (no not 'E')
    But it didn't drop the call.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by wculver View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Long time member, just haven't posted much! I switched away from my Treo 750 to an iPhone, and now each day I miss the customizations, tweaks, etc more and more. I'm certain many of you can relate.....

Anyway, I have been experiencing a lot of dropped calls while on a 3G call and switching over to Edge in mid-conversation. It is infuriating me, actually.

My question is this: is anyone experiencing this behavior with the Treo Pro? I really want to go to a Pro, but am uncertain about the 3G/Edge switch. Is this just normal behavior for GSM 3G/Edge switching? Am I missing something here?
    Thanks,
    Bill,
    Chicago

Its att...... they have a patent on dropping calls
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    Its att...... they have a patent on dropping calls
    Indeed, I heard they were raising the bar on that score.