1.    #1  
    The title pretty much says it all. I did search the Treo Pro forum for this, but not the entire forum, sorry if it's been discussed. I just saw the info on this phone, and it seems to me, that it is pretty much the same as the Treo Pro including the touch screen. Anyone know if it's out yet or if it will be coming to Sprint?

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/samsung/saga.html
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The title pretty much says it all. I did search the Treo Pro forum for this, but not the entire forum, sorry if it's been discussed. I just saw the info on this phone, and it seems to me, that it is pretty much the same as the Treo Pro including the touch screen. Anyone know if it's out yet or if it will be coming to Sprint?

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/samsung/saga.html
    The Saga is out for online purchase with VZW and hits the stores Dec.1.

I think if you want to compare Treo's it is closer to the 800w as far as form-factor goes. It is very close in specs as well. The physical keyboead and recessed screen nails the Treo form!! The Saga is CDMA and GSM capable out of the box, so unless VZW plans on fiddling with things it will be able to be taking to any carrier if you want to switch.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    The Saga is CDMA and GSM capable out of the box, so unless VZW plans on fiddling with things it will be able to be taking to any carrier if you want to switch.
    I saw that but I'm glad you explained it as I thought that it would just be able to roam in other countries on Verizon authorized networks (so they get the roaming fees). Hmmm! pretty interesting. Thanks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    yes but - use one for a few days before you make the leap. If you're coming from the Treo world (of any type or OS) you might find the optical mouse thing on the Saga a bit strange. It may <look> like a traditional nav pad from the pictures, but in use (I've used one, for about 15 minutes) it's not like that at all. That black large round area is like a track pad on a laptop. You move your finger around INSIDE that round area to navigate. Very funky.

Like most things, there's more than meets the eye. Just try one in person before you make the leap.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    yes but - use one for a few days before you make the leap. If you're coming from the Treo world (of any type or OS) you might find the optical mouse thing on the Saga a bit strange. It may <look> like a traditional nav pad from the pictures, but in use (I've used one, for about 15 minutes) it's not like that at all. That black large round area is like a track pad on a laptop. You move your finger around INSIDE that round area to navigate. Very funky.

Like most things, there's more than meets the eye. Just try one in person before you make the leap.....
    The track-ball effect looks intriguing!! Maybe you can answer a question I have about it though...I know it is an option you can disable, but if you do, does the outer ring of the 'track pad' work like a directional button? (being able to click in the four directions, and pressing the pad to 'click' on an item)

I also couldn't agree more with your statement about trying it in person...I won't purchase ANY new device without first-hand usage, I won't even think about ordering this online, I will wait the 1/2 month and stop in a store!!! Especially with all the new devices being rumored in the very near future and only being able to try out one before switching to the device of choice or sticking with the one your testing, I won't take the chance!!

6.    #6  
    My main thing is wondering too if this would be coming to Sprint as I wouldn't change back to Verizon for anything at this point, actually not changing to anyone else either. I was thinking that if this comes out before the pro ever comes to Sprint it might be worth looking at. The crack issue on the Pro at this point would send me to the 800w as I couldn't put up with cracks (I'm very anal)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    My main thing is wondering too if this would be coming to Sprint as I wouldn't change back to Verizon for anything at this point, actually not changing to anyone else either. I was thinking that if this comes out before the pro ever comes to Sprint it might be worth looking at. The crack issue on the Pro at this point would send me to the 800w as I couldn't put up with cracks (I'm very anal)
    Until I can handle one personally I know this is pure speculation, but the Saga doesn't look as rugged/sturdy as the Treo line has proven to be, and the differences are minimal, so all things being equal, at this point I am leaning toward the 800w. (of course seeing as VZW doesn't have ANY new WM devices right now (Saga doesn't count until it hits the stores), my choices are a bit limited!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Maybe you can answer a question I have about it though...I know it is an option you can disable, but if you do, does the outer ring of the 'track pad' work like a directional button? (being able to click in the four directions, and pressing the pad to 'click' on an item)
    here's the scoop:

When you change from mouse/pointer mode to 5-way mode, all that really does is get rid of the pointer on the screen. That big black circle isn't a 5-way at all, in the sense that we're used to. That black circle doesn't have an outer ring that moves, nor does the center of the circle press in at all. When you change to 5-way mode, you STILL have to move your fingertip around INSIDE that circle to make selections, and there's no specific tactile feedback that really tells you where you are (other than seeing the changes that happen on the screen as you 'move' from one area to the next - things get highlighted a little bit, for instance.

But there is no actual tactile feedback on the black circle area. Think of it just like a laptop track pad. Works just like that. The only changes that happen when you go from mouse/pointer mode to navigation mode are on the screen - the pointer goes away, replaced by a very hard to see highlighting function.

But hey - just my opinion. Others may feel different.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    here's the scoop:

When you change from mouse/pointer mode to 5-way mode, all that really does is get rid of the pointer on the screen. That big black circle isn't a 5-way at all, in the sense that we're used to. That black circle doesn't have an outer ring that moves, nor does the center of the circle press in at all. When you change to 5-way mode, you STILL have to move your fingertip around INSIDE that circle to make selections, and there's no specific tactile feedback that really tells you where you are (other than seeing the changes that happen on the screen as you 'move' from one area to the next - things get highlighted a little bit, for instance.

But there is no actual tactile feedback on the black circle area. Think of it just like a laptop track pad. Works just like that. The only changes that happen when you go from mouse/pointer mode to navigation mode are on the screen - the pointer goes away, replaced by a very hard to see highlighting function.

But hey - just my opinion. Others may feel different.
    Wow...doesn't seem worth disabling at all!! Thanks for the info, answered a few questions!!

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Wot, no GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Wot, no GPS?
    There is GPS, but VZW blocks it only enabling it with VZNav!!! (untill it gets cracked that is LOL)