1.    #1  
    What's your preferred way to switch between running applications on your Treo Pro? Any good third party freebies?
    I kinda miss Palm's "Press and hold Home button" to see the last 10 apps used.
    One handed ease of use. No stylus please. Buttons only.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Press the windows button.

It brings up the last 6 programs used, and gives easy access to all your programs.
    HandySwitcher is what I use. Not free though. A bit like the HTC program menu/task manager but can easily be bound to press and hold of the OK button and more. Then just use up & down to select a running program and either Select to switch or press Right to close.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Press the windows button.

It brings up the last 6 programs used, and gives easy access to all your programs.
    Yes that's what I'm doing now and I do like the MRUs running at the top. But still it requires a little Dpad acrobatics. Any other alternatives?
    Isn't Task Manager bound to holding OK? That would be another method....

If you use something like the Redfly, CTRL-Tab works. (Little hard to do without the ctrl key or tab key on the keyboard though.)
  6.    #6  
    Lately I have been getting used to the Keyboard short cuts so it's Windows Key + I for Pocket IE, and Windows Key + A for Palringo etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Any good third party freebies? I kinda miss Palm's "Press and hold Home button" to see the last 10 apps used.
    One handed ease of use. No stylus please. Buttons only.
    My current way ...
    (1) I've setup my today screen to provide easy access to 9 of my main apps, with additional screen touch bringing up another 18 apps, with use of freeware CLaunch http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~welic/claunch.html
    (2) So in any apps, I press the red button, which brings up the today screen for me to switch to other apps.

The Window+apha key combo from the start menu also is useful but limited to only 7 apps.

Looking at the description of freeware FdcSoft TaskSwitcher http://www.dotfred.net/TaskSwitcher.htm I think that it may do exactly what you wanted. I will try that TaskSwitcher later ...

Previously I was using freeware MortButton http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view that may also be a choice for task switching.

Another way I'm looking at is to launch apps using Control Key Pro/PQzII (could use "alt" button on the keyboard or other hardware key) as described by levinda in "Treo Pro + PQzII + Multi key hook" thread ...
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    If you follow the thread closely, you will see there are 2 DIFFERENT programs being discussed:
    1) MagiKB Lite which is like Keycaps on the Treo 650
    2) PQZII aka Cntrl Key Pro, which allows what you just asked for. You map a button as your "control" key, and then you map any key to any application launch after pressing that control key. So for example if you map a single press of your messaging button as your control key, you can map <Messaging> - <g> to launch Google Maps or anything else.
    ... MagiKB is shareware, PQzII/CtrlKeyPro is freeware ...
    Last edited by sabre23t; 11/16/2008 at 09:45 PM.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Here's another option:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173912

It should work on the Pro, but it's setup for RealVGA (320x320 at 96 DPI). Would be relatively easy to set it up for 320x320 at 128 DPI.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys for all the useful tips!
    Another method: I've configured the side button for Voice Command (included with your TP) and all it takes to start/focus a program is push that button, then say "start IE" or "start calendar"... quite handy when you are driving or busy.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks