Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am new to this forum and the 800w is my first Treo, I am excited about it like I was when I got my first Blackberry 8700G, later a Curve.
    Anyway, I really like the 800w, am I missing something or would I have had to own another treo to understand? I also have SERO (the 1250 plan) maybe that is why...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmover View Post
    Anyway, I really like the 800w
    If you like it, and it works for you, don't worry about what anyone else is saying.

Ultimately only you can decide whether you like something or not.
    I thought this thread was about bashing palm.
    Can't we just keep this thread on topic.

If you have something good to say, go start your own happy thread,
    Just call me Berd.
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I am glad you did not buy the 800. I wouldn't recommend it to friends or family either. I know it sounds like I hate but I really don't. There are a few things that do bug me about it. On top of this there has been no indication from Palm about any support. Now they have there hands full of the Treo Pro cracked housing. If Palm would get it together and release something I think we would be all set.
    This I agree with. I took my 60 year old law partner to Sprint yesterday to set her up with a phone that had e-mail so I could actually get into contact with her. I sold her on the BB over the Treo and the saleschick was in complete agreement.

She bashed on WM a bit which I argued with a little (well, she was cute) but said I completely agreed that she needed a BB over WM cause she could barely figure out how to start e-mail let alone deal with the problems that WM has.

Incidentally, apparently there's no extra charge these days for BB's on the family share plans. That I didn't know...
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Don't know if anyone questioned where you got this information but some of this just isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post

Did you also know that the 5-way insn't a five way? It is a 3 way- it rocks up and down and can execute. This means when you are in a web page or something else in portrait and need to scroll left/right you need to use your finger on the screen. What if you were in the native calender app that was not "touch" optimized and you needed to check your schedule at the end of the week? Stylus city. I found ways around this (that involved double tapping "end" to move right & "send" to move left) that worked okay with magic button but these makes palm's mistakes with 800 seem miniscule!
    Don't know if you had a defective one, mine works fine I just press between the back button and the END button and it goes Right, I press between the Home button and the Send button and it goes Left. I've been doing this since I got the phone with no problem. Plus it seems that you missed one of the best features as it relates to this which is the fact that you can increase font size in text messages and online by just circling this button just like an IPOD.

How about the top right dedicated button below the screen? What if I told you that was a "back" button and could not be changed to anything else??? "Okay" might have been a better option. Not even magic button could touch this. "Buttons" in standard WM settings has one option!
    I was able to map these buttons? Are you sure about this?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    i was hitting too close to the middle button also until a friend showed me to hit between the buttons like the above poster suggests.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    BTW, I am back on the Touch Pro. I love the screen and am trying to get over the slider.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    BTW, I am back on the Touch Pro. I love the screen and am trying to get over the slider.
    Good call. You might check out TouchPal. I use it exclusively on my Mogul so that I never need the slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If you have something good to say, go start your own happy thread,
    ROTFL!!!

Good you're being consistent .
    800w is going to be my last treo, unless something crazy is happening.

I am moving on to HTC.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Yep, I gave the Touch Pro another run this weekend and I don't think I'll be back.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I took my 60 year old law partner to Sprint yesterday to set her up with a phone that had e-mail
    She bashed on WM a bit which I argued with a little (well, she was cute)
    60 and cute?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    60 and cute?
    Tina Turner is a bit flaky, but not looking too bad for a 68 year old woman .

60 and cute is a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Tina Turner is a bit flaky, but not looking too bad for a 68 year old woman .

60 and cute is a possibility.
    Poor Mary Ann

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3926937.shtml

And to think I had such a crush on her.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow, Mary Ann from Gilligans Island smokes pot at 70 years old? Very impressive, I just hope I even live that long. I still thought Ginger was hotter.

Looks like I will not be moving away from the Treo right away. Even though I am eligible for the full discounts on the Touch Pro it will still cost me $379 plus tax up front then $100 mail in. The 800 is not fetching a lot of money. A used one is around $165 to $200 max. Plus I am upgrading my wife to the Instinct for Christmas. I figure I won't spend the money on me but rather give my wife and kids a kick *** Christmas instead. My 9 year old son made the Honor Roll and will be rewarded for it. So I will wait until January for me. That is if the 800 doesn't **** me off that I run right out and get the Touch Pro.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I still thought Ginger was hotter.
    Quoted for truth.

Mary Ann was 2nd place.
    Is there any definitive word on whether the BB bold will be coming to Sprint?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345