Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 97
  1. #61  
    Jbinbi, are you upset at all with Verizon, that they won't have Palm's latest products on their network? It seems as if you like the Treos, but are going with the Saga, which looks like a fairly nice alternative, because it's on Verizon's network. Seems you would be a prime customer for the Treo Pro.

    It's possible the problem for you is not Palm at all, but Verizon's keeping the latest Treos off their network.

    I mean I don't know what goes on in the backrooms, but the latest Treos not being sold by Verizion may not be a problem of Palm's creation.

    If Verizon had the Treo Pro, would you likely buy that instead?
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post

    I don't remember *****ing even more about the 800 when I had the Curve but you may have been right. At the time my Curve had stellar battery life, sick audio earpiece quality, excellent GPS and more. I was shocked how poorly in these areas the 800 was compared to it. After time I really missed Windows. Honestly the BB Curve worked to well.
    I have sit on the sidelines a lot lately reading - but I thought you were more vocal/negative here and on sprintusers once you got the Curve. I was actually quite shocked you went back to the 800w!
  3. #63  
    darn it darnell - why did you have to post that video link to the Touch HD. That's the phone I wish Sprint had! Love that screen........

    Might have to try a Touch Pro, but I am also one that is in no rush to get a Palm - even the HTC made Treo Pro.
  4. jbinbi's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #64  
    Darnell, Not really upset with vzw. Love them, don't like the their rollout! If the treo pro came out on vzw, I would be so psyched. I agree with Mal, the saga has its quirks, to square, to long, etc., and would be a compromise compared to the treo pro! I have no idea if the pro is coming cdma, and specifically to vzw, but using a BB for the past 3 months has been an interesting adventure. Not quite sure I can relate to the crackberry group. Miss the programability, but like the stability of it. If you tell me vzw has a treo pro coming within the next 6 months, you make my day!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I have sit on the sidelines a lot lately reading - but I thought you were more vocal/negative here and on sprintusers once you got the Curve. I was actually quite shocked you went back to the 800w!
    Hey Bubba, good to see you over here. I had good reason to be vocal. My first unit broke in 8 days. The second started to do the same after another 8 days. That is when I switched. When I needed to come back to Windows Mobile I didn't have a choice. If the Touch Pro was available I would have snatched that. You want my 800? I will give to you for a real good price.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6. #66  
    For me, as long as I remain with Sprint and any upcoming phones has a WM, hardware keyboard (not the slide out type), touchscreen, lots of user accessible memory, Wi-Fi, GPS, and preferrably a rectangular screen (240x320 or 480x640 resolution) then I will move up to it. Whether it's a Treo, HTC, Motorola I don't care. It just happens to be that Treo is the only one coming up with what I'm looking for.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I have sit on the sidelines a lot lately reading - but I thought you were more vocal/negative here and on sprintusers once you got the Curve. I was actually quite shocked you went back to the 800w!
    Me an VRGT didn't get along so good when he was really into the BB .

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    darn it darnell - why did you have to post that video link to the Touch HD. That's the phone I wish Sprint had! Love that screen........
    ...
    Man it's sweet! I don't even like those full touch screen devices, but I'm warming up to the idea of actually "touching the screen" with some future device. The Touch HD even comes with an 8GB MicroSDHC card out the box. (Just a small but nice little thing.) If HTC makes a Touch HD with a slider, dare I say I might buy it!

    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
    If you tell me vzw has a treo pro coming within the next 6 months, you make my day!
    Well reports say the Treo Pro is coming to Sprint in January, but nobody really knows about Verizon...
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Hey Bubba, good to see you over here. I had good reason to be vocal. My first unit broke in 8 days. The second started to do the same after another 8 days. That is when I switched. When I needed to come back to Windows Mobile I didn't have a choice. If the Touch Pro was available I would have snatched that. You want my 800? I will give to you for a real good price.
    No thanks - you trashed it so much I could not bring myself to buy one! I never blamed you for being pissed, it just seemed that you were even MORE vocal AFTER you got rid of the darn thing for the Curve.

    Really, I never liked the 800 and probably will not like the Pro any better. I REALLY want the HD - but might go with a Touch Pro since the HD (or similar HTC/WM device) is a looong way from hitting the US shores. I am even thinking about trying out an iPhone for a bit just to see what the fuss is about - or the BB Storm at VZW. I am finding I need a kb less and less but want a better screen (and bigger as my old eyes get worse!). However, a switch from Sprint will cost me a lot as I have a good plan.

    Keep us posted on your TP trials (which is what you are getting next, right?).
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    However, a switch from Sprint will cost me a lot as I have a good plan.
    There is no doubt that for those of us who pay our own plans, personally or through our own small business, that Sprint is a killer deal on price.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    There is no doubt that for those of us who pay our own plans, personally or through our own small business, that Sprint is a killer deal on price.
    So true - I have my own business and my partner just happened to be a Sprint customer too. We looked at the iPhone earlier this year but just could not justify the plan price. I go to both ATT and VZW's sites every now and then to look at a new phone and then I start pricing out the plans (I have a 3-line family plan and expense my portion to the company) - well, after I pick my jaw up off of my desk, I click the site away and go back to waiting on the next new Sprint PDA phone!
  11. #71  
    As some know here I was really pissed about a few issues with 800w, especially the lack of a headset jack and crappy sound. The only time I typically use the headset jack is on a plane, normally 3-5 hour flights. 3-5 hours of music and games would use 1.25 650 batteries. I haven't traveled since I got 800 so mostly connected to the charger. Took first trip and whammo, was stunned no headset jack. Tried crapset and no volume. (pressed the ear buds into ear, but got a headache and couldn't keep up the 15 lbs of pressure needed. Headache caused need for several cocktails and forgot I was pizzed) So turned off music and just played games, after 1.5 hours my 800 battery was dead. Now really pizzed was up about $28,000 on poker.

    Had 800w for 70 days before travel and get my education so can't use 30 return. Called Sprint asked nicely would they exchange 800, CS very nice offered TP at $250. I then hinted I would check out other carriers for the 9 the nine other lines we have.

    Whammo, Sprint plan we are on doesn't exist anywhere else. Not going to increase company cell bill $400 per month to get free phone from another carrier and realized its Palm I have a problem with, not Sprint.

    So I came here and many of my problems have been fixed. I have installed RealVGA (fantastic, makes 800 screen almost as good as TP), many of the hacks, free programs, a couple of paid programs and getting the Radio Shack fix for the crapset to convert to a 3.5 jack. Hope Shure earbuds (knock out background noise) back to listening to music on planes. My battery problems have seemed to go away, or been decreased with many suggestions here and another battery.

    I do think the TP is a fantastic device, but right now before I spend another $250 I will wait to see the TP's posts. Each day passes I get over my initial anger of the 800w. Sorry to see Palm on the way down, but I do have some reality and appreciate Sprint more.

    Reserve the right to bash 800w and whine when necessary, but haven't thrown it off balcony yet. 800w is not total POS, but it is my last Palm device. What would I do with my life without this forum? Thanks to all for great work, suggestions and fixes.

    Whinner, Beachboy
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    No thanks - you trashed it so much I could not bring myself to buy one! I never blamed you for being pissed, it just seemed that you were even MORE vocal AFTER you got rid of the darn thing for the Curve.

    Really, I never liked the 800 and probably will not like the Pro any better. I REALLY want the HD - but might go with a Touch Pro since the HD (or similar HTC/WM device) is a looong way from hitting the US shores. I am even thinking about trying out an iPhone for a bit just to see what the fuss is about - or the BB Storm at VZW. I am finding I need a kb less and less but want a better screen (and bigger as my old eyes get worse!). However, a switch from Sprint will cost me a lot as I have a good plan.

    Keep us posted on your TP trials (which is what you are getting next, right?).
    I am glad you did not buy the 800. I wouldn't recommend it to friends or family either. I know it sounds like I hate but I really don't. There are a few things that do bug me about it. On top of this there has been no indication from Palm about any support. Now they have there hands full of the Treo Pro cracked housing. If Palm would get it together and release something I think we would be all set.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Reserve the right to bash 800w and whine when necessary, but haven't thrown it off balcony yet. 800w is not total POS, but it is my last Palm device. What would I do with my life without this forum? Thanks to all for great work, suggestions and fixes.
    Whinner, Beachboy
    Sage post. you are not a whiner. to suggest so means that Sprint is whining to Palm, and the people who run Palm who decided to release the Pro on CDMA five months after the 800w are whiners.

    Palm got caught in a hard place bringing a 6.0 device to providers when the didn't want one. Bad timing mistake by Palm. The 800w raised the bar for front face qwerty. The problem for Palm with it's bad reputation, deserved or not, as an innovation has been, is it its offerings don;t have to be merely very good, they have to be exceptionally compelling. The pro is much more of a compelling device. we can argue about the value to us of sleeker design, but it matters to the market. In the last couple of years the market has changed and these have become mass market devices. The pro has several advances, design is one very important one. It appears to fix a number of problems.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I am glad you did not buy the 800. I wouldn't recommend it to friends or family either.

    Heck, I couldn't recommend this POS to an enemy with a clear conscience.
  15. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #75  
    Sprint offered me a Touch Pro for an even swap. I tried it for two days and while I love the screen, camera, and youtube client I just don't like the slowness of it and having to slide out the keyboard. Very frustrated coming back to the 800w with nowhere else to turn until the Treo Pro comes but my faith in Palm is fading quickly.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Sprint offered me a Touch Pro for an even swap. I tried it for two days and while I love the screen, camera, and youtube client I just don't like the slowness of it and having to slide out the keyboard. Very frustrated coming back to the 800w with nowhere else to turn until the Treo Pro comes but my faith in Palm is fading quickly.
    Well then if you get the Treo Pro, there's always that concern about cracks and when some might appear.

    I'll hold onto the 800w for now. But some time down the road when I'm ready to upgrade to another device. Very low likelihood it will have Palm's name on it.
  17. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #77  
    I'm hoping for Android on a Treo form factor.

    I'm hoping the crack issues are fixed by the time Sprint rolls it out.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    Heck, I couldn't recommend this POS to an enemy with a clear conscience.
    Now that's good comedy.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Now that's good comedy.
    Sadly, it's not a joke.

    I know I don't tell friends to get the 800w any more and personally speaking I don't make any recommendations to enemies.
  20. #80  
    That is why he said that because I mentioned the same thing.

    My wife is also up for the rebate. Right now she has the Q9C. Its a friggin tank and she gets razzed about it. For Christmas I was thinking maybe I would move her up to a touch screen. She absolutely hates my 800. Says there is an echo everytime she calls me , only when she calls me. I may just play it safe and get her a Curve.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions