View Poll Results: What are you using for 3.5mm jack access?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A BT based solution, like the Jabra BT3030.

13 29.55%
  • Spliced wires and made my own 3.5mm wired adapter.

3 6.82%
  • Palm 2.5mm adapter to a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter.

1 2.27%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

2 4.55%
  • Don't use anything for 3.5mm jack access, but I desire easy 3.5mm access.

19 43.18%
  • Don't use anything for 3.5mm jack access and don't desire to use a 3.5mm jack.

6 13.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Got my BT3030 and so far I'm pleasantly surprised. As long as the bitpool is cranked up, sounds great!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Got my BT3030 and so far I'm pleasantly surprised. As long as the bitpool is cranked up, sounds great!
    What are you running yours (bitpool settings) at?

I've found something I should have been on top of more closely sooner. I run Kaspersky Mobile Security, not for anything regarding viruses, but for the features that allow me to lock and wipe the device clean remotely if it's ever stolen. I was running it in auto-protect mode although I don't care much about the antivirus features. Well I've found when running various programs that Kaspersky Mobile Security in auto-protect mode causes major drain. It seems the more programs I install, the more noticeable it is. With auto-protect off things run much smoother overall. I probably could kick my bitpool settings above 40 now, but keeping them down helps insure I won't have any hangups. I may test increasing the settings some later.

I'm starting to find, that like Windows PCs. A soft reset of the device now and then just to clear up anything that might have tasked the device heavily helps keep performance at a peak level. Seems if you run something that wears the device resources, even after you close it the device has a little lag. Similar to with some PC programs, that can keep some resources occupied even after they are fully closed and only a reboot helps, or waiting a long time for maybe the OS to figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    What are you running yours (bitpool settings) at?
    Right now, I am using bitpool 58, joint stereo off, self-adjusting off. If I start running into hiccups, I'll lower it.

The volume boost on the BT3030 is a nice little bonus. Ya know, given the limited selection of bluetooth stereo headphones out there, I'm half tempted to take one of these and build my own frankenstein headset sans wires...
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Right now, I am using bitpool 58, joint stereo off, self-adjusting off. If I start running into hiccups, I'll lower it.

The volume boost on the BT3030 is a nice little bonus. Ya know, given the limited selection of bluetooth stereo headphones out there, I'm half tempted to take one of these and build my own frankenstein headset sans wires...
    If you don't mind me asking, what media player are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what media player are you using?
    I'm using Coreplayer currently. I have Kinoma FreePlay installed, but haven't been using it for music.

I will add that I haven't been multitasking while paired with the BT3030, just using the 800w as a music player.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123