Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    so i am finally makin the switch the to windows mobile with my purchase of the 800w...it will arrive monday. Recommend me your top 10 programs you use on the treo 800w
    I don't have a "top 10", but these are some of my personal favorites.

Kinoma Play, just the best media player, period.

Skyfire, just the best web browser, period. Because you can go to most media sites like YouTube or even news sites and watch video just as you would on your desktop.

Resco File Explorer, just the best file management utility, period.

Resco Registry Editor, just the best registry management tool, period.

Resco Photo Viewer, just the best photo viewer, period.

BT Audio, the only utility that will allow you to listen to media audio via a BT headset.

Kaspersky Mobile Security, not because of anything "virus" related, but because it has features that allow you to lock down and wipe your device if it's ever stolen.

Of course, that's all just my personal opinion .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    BT Audio, the only utility that will allow you to listen to media audio via a BT headset.

The 800 doesn't support BT stereo out of the box?

I believe he meant a standard hands-free bluetooth headset, not the stereo type. As stated, you can send any audio to the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post

Yes it does, but I'm talking about, you have a non-stereo BT headset. Just a regular old BT headset. Just as an example, like the Motorola H700 Bluetooth Headset. Let's say you want to hear music through that? How can you? Usually you can't. But with the "BT Audio" application, you can .

Quote Originally Posted by EMB Driver View Post
    I believe he meant a standard hands-free bluetooth headset, not the stereo type.
    Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post

Sure it does. I use my BT3030 everyday.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I own a 800w, the first thing I would do when I recieve your 800w is return it immediately and go get a HTC Touch Pro or anything else. If you don't need the qwerty keyboard, then the HTC Touch is a great phone.

After 3 months of trying everything I could, my Treo 800w is now POS status. Yes there are a number of things cool about it, a number of things that great people on this board have made better, but there are a few things about it that just p.i.s.s. me off to the point I now consider myself a former Palm user. The funny part is HTC built the Treo800, I guess Palm said dumb them down for us and make sure there are things about the phones that just don't make sense so we can say we support lots of activity on the forums?

You will find Windows Mobil pretty cool after you get used to it and get great stuff from this forum, but send that Palm 800w back.

One of the coolest things on this site is the VGA hack for the 800w. Touch Pro already has it, along with a bigger screeen. It has a bigger battery, amplified volume, great fidelity and a miniUSB connection that is compatible. It doesn't have a 2.5mm headset jack, but there is a fine miniUSB to 3.5 connector out there. Right now I am doing everything I can to get Sprint to take my 800w back and trade for a Touch Pro. I looked at the Touch Pro, listened to the sound, checked all the features and programs (GPS is stand alone), was blown away by the screen (VGA 640 x 480) and the keyboard is very cool.

I went down to my local Sprint store and talked with the manager. A great guy and very blunt. When I pulled out my 800w, I could tell he knew I was unhappy before I said boo. He immediately took me to the back room and showed me the "make them happy box". He even offered me a free Motorola micro USB to 2.5mm headset adapter to solve the 800 no headset jack and MONO from their only adapter. I told him the Motorola adapter (thanks to this board) didn't work, after he took the thing out of the package and tried to use it he was stunned. I then proceeded to tell him my problems with the phone and I could tell he wasn't surprised. He said the 800w was a POS for Sprint and was causing him nightmares. He said at first he was excited, but in a matter of days his customers were returning them. He said those that know about the 30 return policy, the 800 had a high rate of return.

Return your 800 immediately, or you will turn into someone like me who has gone from a loyal Palm Treo lover to their worst enemy. Needless to say I am not opinionated about this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow13 View Post
    so i am finally makin the switch the to windows mobile with my purchase of the 800w...it will arrive monday. Recommend me your top 10 programs you use on the treo 800w
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I recommend not going too crazy with stuff on your 800w. It can become addictive adding new features, but you may find that you really never use, or need, them. For those things I find I use all the time, I recommend:
    PhoneAlarm
    WeatherPanel with Storyr's phatfinger layout

For things I don't use all the time, but I like, I recommend:
    Evernote
    Kevtris
    locr GPS Photo
    SPB Insight
    WMWiFiRouter
    I echo what Rhody said. Try to live without any apps until you know exactly what you want to do, and then work from that, rather than just trying to fill up your new phone with "cool apps" for the sake of apps.