Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    I bought a 800w new on Ebay about 3 months ago. Now it isn't charging, and I can tell the charge port is broken (when I play around with it, it starts to charge, then stops again). What a POS. Anyway, I went to the Palm website, and it tells me to contact Sprint for waranty information..

    1. Will Sprint help me, even though I didn't buy it from them?
    2. I don't have a receipt, but the phone hasn't even been out for a year, so will I need any documentation?
    3. Am I just screwed? lol

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by wildrage; 11/15/2008 at 07:38 PM.
  2. #3  
    If you pay for Total Equipment Protection (TEP, $7 a month), Sprint will fix or replace regardless where it was purchased.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If you pay for Total Equipment Protection (TEP, $7 a month), Sprint will fix or replace regardless where it was purchased.
    Assuming they use Sprint .
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Assuming they use Sprint .
    Considering Sprint is currently the only carrier with the 800w, I think that's a safe assumption.
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Considering Sprint is currently the only carrier with the 800w, I think that's a safe assumption.
    Not really, Sprint is not the only network the Treo 800w can work on.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Not really, Sprint is not the only network the Treo 800w can work on.
    I'm not sure there's anyone who's hacked an 800w for Cricket yet.

    A lot of times you don't see that until the first ROM update comes out.
  7. #8  
    In theory the 800w could work on any CDMA network. As of today, it works on Sprint.
  8.    #9  
    OK...so back to my actual question -

    I called the warrenty number on the Palm website, selected my device, and the automated voice told me to call Sprint, and hung up on me.

    On their website they say that Sprint handles their warrenty services.

    Again, the question - Will Sprint do warrenty repairs on a phone that was bought on ebay?
  9. #10  
    Have you bothered to call Sprint and ask them?
  10. #11  
    Just go to a real Sprint (not authorized) service center and have them look at it. I doubt anyone will ask where you got it, instead they will give you a replacement on the spot.
  11.    #12  
    When you go online it tells you what phones that particular location is "authorized to repair"...the 800w doesn't show up on any of the stores in the NYC area..maybe they just haven't updated it?

    I tried using the online, mail-in warranty service, and it rejected my ESN.
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm not sure there's anyone who's hacked an 800w for Cricket yet.

    A lot of times you don't see that until the first ROM update comes out.
    Have you forgotten this thread?

    Its already been hacked.
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    When you go online it tells you what phones that particular location is "authorized to repair"...the 800w doesn't show up on any of the stores in the NYC area..maybe they just haven't updated it?
    They probably have not updated their listing yet.

    I tried using the online, mail-in warranty service, and it rejected my ESN.
    You've got a lot more issues than the fact your 800w is broken. It's likely you have a HOT (as in stolen property) Treo 800w. You're likely on your own if Sprint rejected your ESN.

    Did you know the ESN was bad when you purchased?

    Palm warrants the Treo 800w, but they obviously have Sprint as their warranty repair service center for the Treo 800w's.
  14. #15  
    Is the phone activated? If it is than I don't think it would be stolen because wouldn't they just not activate it in the first place.
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    Is the phone activated? If it is than I don't think it would be stolen because wouldn't they just not activate it in the first place.
    Well we have no idea what provider Wildrage is using, but they did mention their ESN was rejected by the mail-in warranty service. If Wildrage is using Sprint, it seems they would have already hit *2 and had a chat with Sprint CS about this all already.
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    They probably have not updated their listing yet.



    You've got a lot more issues than the fact your 800w is broken. It's likely you have a HOT (as in stolen property) Treo 800w. You're likely on your own if Sprint rejected your ESN.

    Did you know the ESN was bad when you purchased?

    Palm warrants the Treo 800w, but they obviously have Sprint as their warranty repair service center for the Treo 800w's.
    Do you think before you talk? The phone has been activated for the past 3 months. Read the first post.
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    Do you think before you talk? The phone has been activated for the past 3 months. Read the first post.
    I think and I read carefully. Never did you say the phone was active with Sprint for 3 months. You didn't say it till now. You knew, but I didn't, because you never told me. (And you may not have known, but there are Treo 800w owners who have their device activated with a provider other than Sprint.) All you told me is that your ESN was rejected by the mail-in warranty service, which you already had mentioned was something you tried in your efforts to get help from Sprint. So all the information you provided me was that you had a case where your ESN was rejected.

    Now if your phone has been with Sprint 3 months and you're wondering about getting help from Sprint, dial *2 and ask Sprint.
  18. #19  
    Whenever the headset on my previous Treo 800w came out, I didn't even bother messing with Sprint. I went directly to Palm since there was a one year warranty with them. My phone was bought from eBay, but it was brand new, out of the box. This still caused a little fuss and I had to fax Palm some pdf files of the eBay listing proving it was brand new when I bought it. Eventually, Palm sent me a replacement phone overnight, and I was really impressed with the speed of the replacement process after the eBay issue.

    So, my suggestion is that if you got your phone off of eBay and it was brand new, contact Palm. I'm not sure what number I called to get ahold of a representative but I do remember the automated voice saying I should call Sprint if I had a Treo 800w; I just ignored it.
  19. #20  
    Palm Support : In-warranty repair services (US & Canada)

    To get your Palm device repaired, contact Palm Customer Service.
    United States: (877) 426-3777 for smartphones,
    (866) 935-7256 for handhelds

    Canada: (866) 219-7445 for all devices
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago

Posting Permissions