Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post

Also I got an email with confirmation of my service request number, but the title calls it a service request to participate in Palm's Early Customer Feedback Program. This now makes me put my best WTF face since I have no idea how they are dealing with this exchange and why even I should be considered a participant in an early customer feedback program.

Maybe all of us who bought the unlocked Treo are in fact Guinea pigs running a massive test for AT&T? Call that my big conspiracy theory of the day.

I'll keep you guys in the loop.
    I had the same treatment when my original TP was exchanged when my GPS quit working. I spoke to a level 3 rep in Florida, who was fantastic by the way. Anyway that rep explained that they may want to contact me to answer questions that may come up to help them trouble shoot as part of the "deal" for them sending me a brand new in the box unit was I had to be willing to do so--seemed fair to me.

As far as sending everything back goes--they told me to send everything back in their new retail box as opposed to my original. They said they wanted to see all of my original equipment in case something in my original box was faulty, which makes sense to some degree because maybe for instance a faulty cable or ac adapter fried something, etc.

It worked out great and my replacemnt unit was new, has not developed any cracks and works perectly (knock on wood), although the "windows" button requires firmer pressure and has less "click" feel than my original unit--but this is very petty IMO.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I had the same treatment when my original TP was exchanged when my GPS quit working. I spoke to a level 3 rep in Florida, who was fantastic by the way. Anyway that rep explained that they may want to contact me to answer questions that may come up to help them trouble shoot as part of the "deal" for them sending me a brand new in the box unit was I had to be willing to do so--seemed fair to me.

As far as sending everything back goes--they told me to send everything back in their new retail box as opposed to my original. They said they wanted to see all of my original equipment in case something in my original box was faulty, which makes sense to some degree because maybe for instance a faulty cable or ac adapter fried something, etc.

It worked out great and my replacemnt unit was new, has not developed any cracks and works perectly (knock on wood), although the "windows" button requires firmer pressure and has less "click" feel than my original unit--but this is very petty IMO.
    Well, nobody told me that but it sounds more than fair. After all, we give feedback all the time by posting in these forums.

The unit is now on its way and should arrive today. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on it to look for problems and/or bugs. I am making sure also I have my backups up to date so I can migrate my info without major headaches.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    With me and my 'No Click Feel' Start button Pro, that I returned for a Replacement, they said for me to just keep using the current Pro until the new arrived.
    They gave me no Resistance and I got All Brand New in Box.
    I was very pleased with the way they handled it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Most definitely. The tech support Tier 2 did contact me when they said they would, they kept me constantly updated on the issue and where very patient with my questions.

The only thing that threw me off a bit was that sudden customer feedbakc program email; but after reading Dsol's comments makes perfect sense.

I have to say this, Palm CS is definitely making good the promise Palm made when they released the Pro. You get the phone and you are paying for their top customer support. It is true.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    After reading Jennifer's note on the main page, I strongly recommend everyone to contact Palm CS. My case was painless and definitely I'd recommend going that route.

The warranty still applies since the cracks are visible not the fault of excessive stress. I had cracks on the back cover where there was no real cance of stress of any kind. This is a manufacturing process defect that they seem to have fixed as I am checking my newly received unit. I'll post later the major changes I see in this new unit but definitely Palm seems to be aware of it and it is just a matter of pushing through the right tech support channels.
    After reading Jennifer's note on the main page, I strongly recommend everyone to contact Palm CS. My case was painless and definitely I'd recommend going that route.
    As I wrote earlier, different standards are applied to Asian customers.

The warranty still applies since the cracks are visible not the fault of excessive stress. I had cracks on the back cover where there was no real cance of stress of any kind. This is a manufacturing process defect that they seem to have fixed as I am checking my newly received unit. I'll post later the major changes I see in this new unit but definitely Palm seems to be aware of it and it is just a matter of pushing through the right tech support channels.
    Wasn't at all painless for me but they did eventually get it fixed. I am guessing or maybe hoping that as this issue becomes well known in the Palm support world that they begin handling it better. I think much of the issue has to do with some poorly trained CS agent not really understanding what you are talking about. If Palm sends some sort of bulletin to all their support teams explaining the issues with pictures they should get better.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by caj54 View Post
    As I wrote earlier, different standards are applied to Asian customers.
    The standards are usually based on legal recourse in each locale.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    The standards are usually based on legal recourse in each locale.
    So if they can get away with being jerks they will.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooEx View Post
    I have the same problem with you from Palm Asia. They says it is out of the warranty too! I say screw them, and escalated to their manager.

Even the manager is trying to quote me their limited warranty. I refused to give in, and I have gave him the link of the forum thread, so that he can take a look for himself.

My set is bought in Singapore from M1.
    After 2 weeks of waiting, Palm finally gave me a call and issue me a replacement unit.
    VoodooEx

My life story:
    Palm V ~ CLIE N760c ~ Xda ~ HP 2210 ~ SE P900 ~ Xda II ~ PalmOne T3 ~ Xda IIs ~ Treo 650 ~ Treo 750v ~ LG KS20 ~ Samsung Omnia ~ Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooEx View Post
    After 2 weeks of waiting, Palm finally gave me a call and issue me a replacement unit.
    What's the managers name? maybe i can talk to him directly.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj54 View Post
    What's the managers name? maybe i can talk to him directly.
    I don't have his full name though. He name is Joseph.
    VoodooEx

My life story:
    Palm V ~ CLIE N760c ~ Xda ~ HP 2210 ~ SE P900 ~ Xda II ~ PalmOne T3 ~ Xda IIs ~ Treo 650 ~ Treo 750v ~ LG KS20 ~ Samsung Omnia ~ Treo Pro
    It has been a 1 & 1/2 weeks and still no “Advanced Replacement” I called today and they said they have nothing in stock to send out. *sigh* They said they would call me in 24 to 48hrs to let me know that status of the stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12