Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    For 1-handed navagation with PIE I use:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...36&postcount=1
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This round robin thing it a great idea
    I'm visiting blogs and forums that otherwise I wouldn't go
    and I picking up ideas facts that are useful.
  3. JwY
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackBerry Kevin View Post
    Thanks Guys,

g) also curious - for you pros out there... exactly how often do you actually use the stylus vs. your fingers? i'm finding a lot of things my fingers aren't accurate enough for (like if i open the multitasking/resource screen and want to X off apps.. it's so close to the right side of the screen it's easier to use the stylus. or for scrolling within the inbox). so would just like some idea of how you pros use it?
    Really, you don't need to use a stylus much at all. I've used the HTC Kaiser for a year and only used the stylus a few times to play bejeweled because my finger was covering the screen when playing fast.

You could use another app manager like Celetask, bind it to a button and multitask with it (kind of like the was S60 handles it).
    So, does CrackBerry Kevin have a crack in the Treo Pro he is using?
  5.    #65  
    Hey Guys,

Today is my take the Treo Pro to the next level day...installing lots of stuff.

Any ideas on a good free utility for doing screen captures?

Lots of great suggestions for stuff to try and on this thread. I'm becoming mroe comfortable with it. I'm not as efficient as I am with my BB yet, but am liking the experience for the most part. Great hardware. I realllly want to see Palm's next OS.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Community Editor, CrackBerry.com
    Just remember, before trying new apps, do a sprite backup.
    Uninstalling doesn't always get you back to where you were before.
    That way, if you have any trouble, you can Hard Reset, and then a sprite restore.
    Great hardware. I realllly want to see Palm's next OS.
    Haven't we all... for years. The trick will be for them to produce something while there is still a viable company and customers. Palm is quickly becoming irrelevant.
    Thanks Guys,

Lots of good stuff above. Few things:

e) what's with having to hold down the camera key (left side key) for so long before the action results? it's like a 3 second hold... can i change to make it quicker?

g) also curious - for you pros out there... exactly how often do you actually use the stylus vs. your fingers? i'm finding a lot of things my fingers aren't accurate enough for (like if i open the multitasking/resource screen and want to X off apps.. it's so close to the right side of the screen it's easier to use the stylus. or for scrolling within the inbox). so would just like some idea of how you pros use it?
    Good questions Kevin. Cant wait to see some of these answers myself.
  9.    #69  
    so how do i wipe the device?? my time with the treo pro is over!
    Kevin Michaluk
    Community Editor, CrackBerry.com
    ...clip...
    Any ideas on a good free utility for doing screen captures?

...clip....

http://www.fannsoftware.com/PpcSoftMain.html

see attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Berd.
    There's also a screen capture utility where you grab it from your desktop.
    Just call me Berd.
    I was so sure I posted this already,
    Sorry.

Here's one for capturing from desktop:
    VITO ScreenCapture (desktop)

http://vitotechnology.com/en/product...encapture.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, how did you like using it?
    I dont have treo pro yet, but I have used HTC task manager before, and I dont think you need to use stylus at all. Just scroll down to the open app, and press right key on the DPAD, it should automatically close the app . Share how it went for you??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    I dont have treo pro yet, but I have used HTC task manager before, and I dont think you need to use stylus at all. Just scroll down to the open app, and press right key on the DPAD, it should automatically close the app . Share how it went for you??
    I've noticed on my 800w I can use the 5-way for darn near everything. The only I haven't been able to use it for is some of the settings in certain apps, otherwise I very rarely touch the screen and have only used the stylus to setup my device after a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hmm, I actually never use the stylus unless its something tiny on the screen that my finger cant easily get. I ignore the stylus. lol I remmember thinking I was going to break my centro when taking the battery door off.
  18. JwY
    I rarely use the stylus as well. It's nice to have it there as an option though.
    Many thanks to JohnnyMac....I was only pulling out the stylus to page up and down....that was totally awesome. I no longer need the stylus. With all the whining about WM I've read, I was really reluctant to buy a PRO. Got one on ebay before Christmas and LOVE it.
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234