Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    why is that facebook has not made a application for wm...or why microsoft hasnr for that matter. why is it that microsoft lacks behind everyone else in the mobile world?? why should wm users suffer when other os get more support?
    I don't know why Facebook hasn't done it, but I can definitely tell you why Microsoft hasn't. They're planning on seriously revamping MS Live so that it would be direct competitor.
  3.    #3  
    what exaclty are they planning on doing with the new ms live?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Why would you need an application when you can just go to http://m.facebook.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    what exaclty are they planning on doing with the new ms live?
    I'm pretty sure...

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...icleId=9120160

...is the article I read yesterday, but a search over at Google News brought up lots more as well, including...

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/s...0/daily30.html

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...h-windows.html
  6. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    You are probably already aware of:

Skybook (formerly Snap2Face) http://www.facebook.com/applications...ce/35590940472

FriendMobilizer http://faceofmobile.com/

I am a luke warm facebook user so my experience with these is limited.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Also, if you have the Opera og Skyfire beta browsers, iphone dot facebook dot com (I'm not allowed to post links before I reach 10 posts) work great! More features than the m. version.
    and if you want photo support, Shozu is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Also, if you have the Opera og Skyfire beta browsers, iphone dot facebook dot com (I'm not allowed to post links before I reach 10 posts) work great! More features than the m. version.
    iphone.facebook.com doesnt work.. no pictures show up using opera mobile
    Snap2Face needs to add a home screen like the Palm FB app has. m.facebook has it, but it's so jumbled and has such ****ty support for viewing pic's/galleries compared to snap2face that I can't even bear going to m.facebook, not to mention the lack of uploading capabilities. Snap2Face is already everywhere it needs to be, except for the homescreen and viewing the feeds you see when you first log in on the desktop. Seems like they would have this figured out by now, as it's usually the only page I ever read when logging in for the day.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the palm version in a Java VM like we do with the blackberry version of google maps?
    Alright...I am confused!

I am trying to upload existing pics with my 800W to facebook. The Skybook (Snap2Face) application on my phone crashed when I try to do that. I also tried Picture Mail using the Post to service feature as well as sending it to mobile@facebook.com and shozu by sending it to go@m.shozu.com.

None of the above methos appears to work.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    Snap2Face needs to add a home screen like the Palm FB app has. m.facebook has it, but it's so jumbled and has such ****ty support for viewing pic's/galleries compared to snap2face that I can't even bear going to m.facebook, not to mention the lack of uploading capabilities. Snap2Face is already everywhere it needs to be, except for the homescreen and viewing the feeds you see when you first log in on the desktop. Seems like they would have this figured out by now, as it's usually the only page I ever read when logging in for the day.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the palm version in a Java VM like we do with the blackberry version of google maps?

Are you able to mail out anything? THis may (or may not) be the issue:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174385
    I have no problems sending out emails. I have used both my hotmail account and the Picture Mail account and the sample emails went out fine.
    alexiou, are you getting some kind of error message when you try to u/l with Snap2Face? I'm having no issues with it.
    Alli, Snap2Face works if I capture a picture from the application. However, I am trying to upload an existing picture that I took last week. In the Snap2Face application, I select Menu->Upload Photos->->From Folder. Then, all my pics start loading...and then after 5 or so pictures, I get an error saying: An unexpected error has occured in Snap2Face.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program....

if I click for details of the error, it says:
    COMException
    Unspecified error
    at
    OpenNETCF.Drawing.Imaging.IImagingFactory.CreateImageFromStream()
    at
    Snap2Face.BitmapResizer.CreateThumbnail()
    at Snap2Face.BitmapResizer.ioWKTeZH1()
    Curious. I had no problem sending a photo if I took it from the application, but sending from a file, the send status just stayed indefinitely and the photo never uploaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Curious. I had no problem sending a photo if I took it from the application, but sending from a file, the send status just stayed indefinitely and the photo never uploaded.
    I had that happen once. I just did it again immediately and it went through.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    First of all, hello everyone!

I have something similar going on, I'm having trouble uploading pics from my treo, I can send e-mails to "mobile @ facebook.com" with the picture attached; However, the reply I receive from facebook is: "Sorry we couldn't find any photos in that message".

Does anybody know what could I possibly be doing wrong? or can anyone suggest another way to upload pictures to facebook from my treo?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlnunez06 View Post
    First of all, hello everyone!

I have something similar going on, I'm having trouble uploading pics from my treo, I can send e-mails to "mobile @ facebook.com" with the picture attached; However, the reply I receive from facebook is: "Sorry we couldn't find any photos in that message".

Does anybody know what could I possibly be doing wrong? or can anyone suggest another way to upload pictures to facebook from my treo?

Thanks!
    i had same problem too. i think it's happening due to facebook sees outlook as email client, not a mobile phone. If you want to upload it directly i use picture mail srvice from sprint.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    i had same problem too. i think it's happening due to facebook sees outlook as email client, not a mobile phone. If you want to upload it directly i use picture mail srvice from sprint.
    Thanks, i didn't want to spend the extra 5 bucks per month but if that's the only way, i guess i will.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast