1.    #1  
    Hi Team

I start my WiFi link either at home or office (same network key), connection is established & good signal.

Start IE browser - go to a page in favourites - 20seconds "loading" and nothing -> then error message

"The page cannot be displayed .......... Check the connection and try again later"

My network adaptor settings show "network card connects to -> WORK

What am I doing wrong?

When I switch off the WiFi and use GPRS cellular the IE works fine (slower and uses my data plan that I have to pay for)

Tried a soft reset - no luck
    Disable your proxy under "Proxy Manager". Saw this tip in another thread. It was for another phone but it may work.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I find TaskManager quite useful to trouble shoot network issues - check your ipconfig, ping etc.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Disable your proxy under "Proxy Manager". Saw this tip in another thread. It was for another phone but it may work.
    Thanks Phone Diva, can't find this option in any settings. Can you steer me there via breadcrumb trail please

eg Start > Settings > Connections > Work

Thanks R
  5.    #5  
    Looks as if the WiFi is working for Active Sync as if I change a contact I can see the rotating arrows working until the Sync is completed.

Also signal strength looks good. and it says "connected".
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I have the same problems
    I've tested all possible combinations of access-point preferences and treo-wifi-preferences - nothing works, not free wireless, not WEP, not WPA, not WPA-PSK ...
    I think Wifi is broken in this device.
    Is there anyone, who has internet over Wifi without having GPRS on???
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Thanks Phone Diva, can't find this option in any settings. Can you steer me there via breadcrumb trail please

eg Start > Settings > Connections > Work

Thanks R

Is there a Proxy Manager option under Connections?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Under Settings > Connections > my work network "Set up my proxy server"

"This network connects to to the Internet" is not checked (if I check it and OK,when I revisit the page is is unchecked again)

below that is a greyed out option (that is not checkable until the phrase above is checked, ) This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet.

below that is is a long box to enter details of the Proxy Server (this is still greyed out) and an advanced button (this has further proxy types listed HTTP, WAP, Secure WAP and Socks. Each of these has options of Server, Port, User name, Password, Domain. Of course if the earlier boxes are not checked then these further ones are unavailable.

Thanks for the replies Phone Diva, hope some others may contribute as well?

R
    i'm having the same problem I can't connect via wi-fi.
    Can you connect using Opera by any chance?