Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Wondering if anyone else can confirm/refute.

When using the Bluetrek Metal headset with the 800w, there is a loud buzzing in the headset earpiece when you try to initiate or answer a call (via Voice Command or just by dialing). Headset appears to work with other phones...just not the 800w. Paired, re-paired, soft reset multiple times, both the 800w and the headset.

Any other experiences? I thought I'd try the headset based on the review here. I like it in general, but it seems to fail miserably with the 800w. It reminds me of Bluetooth buzzing I used to get on the 700wx on the very first call after a soft reset, but this buzzing is permanent (no matter what I do I can't make it go away).
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Confirmed - I did a hard reset yesterday and tried the Bluetrek Metal headset with a stock 800w. It does not work.

When you press the headset button, you hear the tones in the headset indicating it is making the connection with the phone, and then as voice command picks up, the headset speaker emits a loud buzzing sound for as long as the audio gateway is open.

I tried this both with and without the Palm Voice Dialing over BT patch, so it is unrelated, but it is an issue with the 800w. Bummer...