1.    #1  
    I was surfing the concrete at school, and they are doing construction there.

I came across another skater, and I had to go to the side; then I crashed My pinky is in pain since I grabbed the fence....

I crashed next to a fence, and the screen took the impact, check it out.

The good thing is that I got another treo, thats broken too. Apperantly the digitizer is ok, I just dont know how to take the thing apart.

Any help on taking these things apart would be appreciated.
    I'm amazed that the LCD still works with that sort of impact. That's a huge testimony to the quality of the LCD.

So you have another 800w? Or are you trying to swap a digitizer from another device?
  3.    #3  
    I have another 800w, that I broke when I got drunk... LOL, yea i hated gadgets when I was drunk.

I TEP'ed it, but this thing was just a while ago. Good thing I keeped the other one.

But I dont know how the heck to take that thing apart....
    You'll need a torx set. Look under the battery cover.

Somewhere someone posted a 800w that they took apart. Some searching should net you some results (they specifically mentioned an aluminum frame).
    All of my treo screens have held up amazingly agaist rough abuse. The moto Q9c however has the most delicate screen ever. Scratched it up (many times) just within a weeks time.

Have to give it up to palm for their quality screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by gazment View Post
    All of my treo screens have held up amazingly agaist rough abuse. The moto Q9c however has the most delicate screen ever. Scratched it up (many times) just within a weeks time.

Have to give it up to palm for their quality screens.
    If you have a protection plan.......your all good...a Spri t store will fix it.

IGO