1.    #1  
    My issue.

I cannot get my settings to stick. I have all set for 1 minute. It goes out in 15 seconds no matter what. It is so annoying. If I raise it to say 5 minutes it will go off in two. After a soft reset they go back to 1 minute.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I have another thread going about my backlight issues.

After a minute, the backlight was going off, but the screen would stay on. It was merely not illuminated. Any keypress would be registered as exactly what the press was, and the light, sensing activity, would come back on.

It was theorized that my phone was using the external power settings even though it was not actually on external power, but since my settings for external power and not are both the same, this problem was still exactly that.

After a soft reset, that problem wound up replaced with another. The new issue involved my screen switching from a Today page at 50% brightness, after a minute of inactivity, to a solid white screen at 100% brightness.

After another soft reset, things seem to be behaving in a somewhat normal fashion, but I doubt that will last long.

I'll keep you posted.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    My issue.

I cannot get my settings to stick. I have all set for 1 minute. It goes out in 15 seconds no matter what. It is so annoying. If I raise it to say 5 minutes it will go off in two. After a soft reset they go back to 1 minute.
    I have the same issue. But, I've had it with most of my WM devices over the last couple of years, so I chalk it up to a software error/confict of my making.

I usually end up disabling the screen dim feature totally. And, I just make sure to turn off my device before I holster it, etc.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Mine did the same thing. I just unchecked the turn off backlight box. The backlight stays on now till the phone goes into sleep mode.