Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I was searching the web today regarding extended batteries and i came across an extended battery made by Mugen Power. Does anyone have any experience with these batteries? I found it on wirelessground.com
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I bought (and still use) a Mugen Power battery from lionbattery.com for my Verizon XV6700. Works beautifully. Only one experience, but a positive one. In fact I just remembered I liked it so much I bought another (smaller) one. So maybe two positive experiences. Both batteries outlasted the stock battery from HTC/Verizon.

The Seidio super-extended battery for the 800w is cheaper, though.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I've bought one for my Glofiish X800 with slightly more juice than the original one. Very pleased so far!
    Can't speak for Mugen, but I've never had anything less than a 100% satisfactory experience with wirelessground.com.
    $89.95 plus shipping for a 2400mAH battery and door is real hefty. Siedio's 2600mAH battery and door is $59.95.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I used a couple of batteries from Mugen (sold via Lionbattery) for old Axim's I used to have. They're a legit mfgr.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of the advice. I was looking at the Seidio battery at first and i'm not to fond of the door on it. And from all of the reviews on this site its pretty flimsy, so i think that hefty might be a better choice even though it has a little less juice. but i truthfully don't know. i'm so confused.i wish i could see them both in person
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio will release a slim extended battery tomorrow for Treo Pro. It does not require the new door.

Seidio
    Uh, I think you made that comment in the wrong forum .
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I just got my Seidio 2600 today. I had the 1350 which I had trouble with (wouldn't hold a charge); they replaced it right away and I was very happy with their response (email). So I ordered the 2600 and I actually like the phone a bit thicker. I bought it for travel, but I think I may leave the 2600 in place all the time and use the others as spares. The top edge on the battery door provides a nice place to rest your index finger(s) when you use the phone.

Someone here on TC mentioned a little paper under the bigger door helped; I stuck a green felt pad (from the hardware store) under mine and it not only makes the door feel more solid, it makes it just a bit harder to take off. I don't expect it will ever come off unintentionally, but it's easier to take off than the stock cover.

But getting back on topic, in terms of batteries themselves I've had good experiences with both Seidio batteries and Mugen Power batteries. I can't wait to turn the brightness on my 800w over halfway and not have to worry about it.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Well I decided to order the Seidio because I want to make sure that it will fit in a holster and i have hope the Seidio will make skin and cases that will fit it in the future. It should be here in a couple of days. I'll see how it works out.