Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried out Beejive which seems to be stuck in beta (with no further plans for development). In my evaluation Treo Pro unit, it worked. I loved the chat display - very iPhone like.
    Anyway now that I have purchased my own unit, I strangely cannot install Beejive (even with a clean hard reset) and it complains with a long error message popup after the installation process - whether it's to memory or card. Might be something to do with the firmware version? (mine is 1.65.28.25)
    I tried out IM+ but the evaluation version won't even install for some strange reason (maybe it's not WM 6.1 compatible?)
    So I got Palingo which is okay - nice Voice and Photo sending features - but susceptible to spammer abuse. It's free and works for me so I am not complaining.
    I notice there's also a free beta OctroTalk which I haven't checked out yet but looks interesting. The latter two I note have been discussed elsewhere in TC but I am looking for more ideas and feedback from Treo Pro users. Strange why Beejive does not work for me now!
    Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Try again, Beejive's servers go down a few times. Unless you mean you couldn't even get the process started. Maybe a fresh download will help? I use BeeJive but there are definitely some bugs that have caused my Treo Pro to reset, but I prefer the interface the best. I think they're going to release one more beta that fixes a lot of the major issues before they shelve it.
  3.    #3  
    I tried a fresh reinstallation and indeed after a hard reset just to be sure, so it looks like Beejive (the current version) is incompatible with my unit
    This is the screenshot

4.    #4  
    After a bit more research I found the solution to the Beejive problem from their forums

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2360576
  5.    #5  
    btw the 'fix' did not work for me as the TP complained I have a newer version of the dotnetCF installed
    Octrotalk works very well imho.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Doesn't the preinstalled Windows Messenger work OK?
    Windows messenger worked fine. if you have problem using pop or imap email account you should be installing the Windows Mobile 6.1 Hot Fix for Sending POP and IMAP E-mail from Microsoft.
    www.now-movie.co.nr
    Together we stand, divided we fall.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Doesn't the preinstalled Windows Messenger work OK?
    Yes it does but I would prefer a multi-IM service since I have contacts with Gtalk, Yahoo, ICQ
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I use Skype the most because it is the only service that i found that would allow group chats between me and my friends who own 800w, Google G1 and Blackberry 8100. They have to use iskoot but it still allows us to group chat. It also uses the internet, so all messages are free for me. I also like nimbuzz becaus it allows you to see all of your accounts on one screen. including those on skype. Nimbuzz im's are also free.
  11.    #11  
    I am sticking with Palingo for now as it's free and works quite well. There's only the MSN spam which is getting through but Palingo support say they are working towards a newer version with spam filters in place.
    I like the ability to send pics direct from the TP camera ans well as audio clips.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Well, thats not a bad choice. i do have palringo installed & I do like the little icon that stays at the bottom of the screen. but i cant use it in my case because the G1 doesn't support it.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Did anyone tried Mundu IM 4.0? I am not sure if it works with winmo 6.1 and with the TP. But I had this application on my 680 and it worked flawlessly.
    AIM Mobile
  15.    #15  
    Palringo has "Chat rooms" called "Groups" and users can meet new folks in these chat rooms. I notice someone already has setup the Treo and Palm chat groups....
    I can't believe nobody mentioned Fring. It is a unified messenger that includes MSN, Yahoo, Skype, AIM, G-talk, and best of all, Twitter!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I would say Palringo and Talkonaut (both are free) are my favorite 2.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I can't believe nobody mentioned Fring. It is a unified messenger that includes MSN, Yahoo, Skype, AIM, G-talk, and best of all, Twitter!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am still waiting for the ultimate unified messenger which includes Facebook chat
    hi folks

has anyone tried this on their Treo Pro

Mobile Instant Messaging on the Go | eBuddy Mobile Messenger

and/or can anyone recommend an IM client that works with google messenger and yahoo messenger.

thanks

BigMots
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I use Agile Messenger and it cost $59.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast