Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    no EVDO here for me so huge improvement on speed.

As far as my contract there is no limit on my sprint unlimited data. Maybe on those new "everything" plans they put a 5 gig limit, but for mine they don't have that stipulation in my contract. I know verizon does that and I think that's crap. Unlimited is unlimited.
    The 5GB cap is on EVDO customers. Sprint is mirroring the way Verizon does it.
    EVDO is so fast I never use WiFi. Haven't been out of fast coverage area yet. I average over 900K. My WiFi buttons has never been pressed ever.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Hmm, I thought the Wi-Fi was pretty much wasted, but seeing you guys example of places where there is NO service, it makes sense. For me, it is pretty rare I am somewhere with an open network, so mine never gets turned on.
    yeah i think i have used wifri once
    As far as my contract there is no limit on my sprint unlimited data. Maybe on those new "everything" plans they put a 5 gig limit, but for mine they don't have that stipulation in my contract. I know verizon does that and I think that's crap. Unlimited is unlimited.
    Unfortunately with mobile providers and ISP's the unlimited is almost always limited. They all reserve the right to cap it.

It maybe hard to see how you would hit caps on a cell phone but if you use a phone as modem hack a lot it could happen.

Also a lot of people buy on a two year lifetime for a device because that is the cadence of discounts. We have no idea of what individual companies will do about unlimited in 6 months or 12 months never mind two years or what will happen if the market is restructures with some troubled providers (like Sprint) companies being acquired and less competition. Lots of services could cost more.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Unfortunately with mobile providers and ISP's the unlimited is almost always limited. They all reserve the right to cap it.

It maybe hard to see how you would hit caps on a cell phone but if you use a phone as modem hack a lot it could happen.

Also a lot of people buy on a two year lifetime for a device because that is the cadence of discounts. We have no idea of what individual companies will do about unlimited in 6 months or 12 months never mind two years or what will happen if the market is restructures with some troubled providers (like Sprint) companies being acquired and less competition. Lots of services could cost more.
    Sprint used to have blackberry data plans. One came with unlimited email and 5g of data while the other comes with unlimited email and unlimited data. The New everything plan comes with unlimited data. And sprint also has the mobile broadband card that is limited to 5gigs, but thats for laptops. I still have my free incoming plan with unlimited data for $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by quietkvj View Post
    The New everything plan comes with unlimited data.
    It's not really unlimited. It's got a 5GB data limit on EVDO.

Think of it as unlimited, up to 5GB .
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i thought that limit was only for phone as a modem & broadband cards. i must have read it wrong.
    My wifi is on 24 hours a day.
    no EVDO here for me so huge improvement on speed.

Not true, Sprint changed the terms of your contract in that regard July 13th, 2008.

If you look at your contract it states somewhere that they can change the terms of your contract at any time.

My plan says I have unlimited data but then next to it refers to the 5GB limitation.

Rodney
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12