Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Went to sync my 800w today, and got this error as an unresolved issue when it finished:

    ActiveSync has encountered a problem on the desktop
    Support code: 86000107

    Any ideas?

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  2. #2  
    My typical fix for ActiveSync problems is to remove all relationships and try again.

    1) Make sure your Treo 800w is not on the USB cable connected to the PC.
    2) Open the ActiveSync application on your PC.
    a) Select from the Menu File -> Delete Mobile Device. (If this is grayed out, just move on to step 3, but be certain to check if this is not grayed out first. If it's not grayed out, select it and delete whatever Mobile Device it has setup. Often even when the connection is not working ActiveSync creates one that needs to be deleted.)
    3) In your Treo go into Programs -> ActiveSync.
    a) Select from the Menu -> Options.
    b) Fully delete any and all PCs listed.

    Once you're certain the Treo is clean of any PCs for connection and you're sure that your PC is clean of any Devices for connection, insert the sync cable into the Treo and it should start like a new connection and work fine. You'll have to re-specify some sync details again, as you have done last time you set up the initial connection, but your connection will work and should work OK after that.
  3. #3  
    Here are my quick fixes.

    Unplug the USB, wait 30ish seconds, plug back in.
    Plug into a different port.
    Soft reset the device.
    Reboot the PC.

    97% of the time, the first two options fix the problem for me. I've only had a handful of times when the above 4 options didn't work, in which case deleting and recreating the pairing worked.
  4. tpoon's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #4  
    Try:

    Deleting the existing partnership in Activesync. Open Activesync on your pc > clik File > Delete Mobile Device. Reconnect your Wizard. That should work, and is less complicated then the latter.

    Happily syncing to Exchange using TheMessageCenter.com!
  5. Me2
    Me2 is offline
    Me2's Avatar
    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Here are my quick fixes.

    Unplug the USB, wait 30ish seconds, plug back in.
    Plug into a different port.
    Soft reset the device.
    Reboot the PC.

    97% of the time, the first two options fix the problem for me. I've only had a handful of times when the above 4 options didn't work, in which case deleting and recreating the pairing worked.
    You forgot the best kickstart of all - turn on (or off) Advanced Functionality under PC USB connection settings.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    You forgot the best kickstart of all - turn on (or off) Advanced Functionality under PC USB connection settings.
    I've never needed to turn it off. *shrug*
  7. Me2
    Me2 is offline
    Me2's Avatar
    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've never needed to turn it off. *shrug*
    It's usually required when a PC firewall (Windows or 3rd party) gets in a mess and blocks the AS connection. Returning to serial mode is a failsafe which often works, sometimes by just switching between the two to restart the IP routing or firewall policy.
  8. #8  
    Does this have to be done each time? This is driving me crazy, espcically when I uncheck each sych and then redo them .... device doubles everything. Wow, Palm OS sure got this right .... synch with 10 million machines, and all is good.
  9. tpoon's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #9  
    It shouldn't have to be done each time. Only if you turn your device off and on again.
    Using FREE ActiveSync hosted by TheMessageCenter.com
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    You forgot the best kickstart of all - turn on (or off) Advanced Functionality under PC USB connection settings.
    That was what made it work (after deleting my partnership 3 times). What is the purpose of that advanced functionality anyway?

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11. Jim Duff's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #11  
    I've spent several hours trying to get Activesync to work again, and found the answer here.Thanks to all, and particularly to Darnell. Delting the PC's from my Treo Activesync app turned out to be the key. Thanks again!
  12. #12  
    Glad that helped Jim Duff. I spent days with ActiveSync issues once and found a VERY lengthy thread where all sorts of things were suggested and that was the one I found worked best for me.

Posting Permissions