1.    #1  
    okay, I go to the opera mini website. click download, the files a .jad file and is only 1.6 kb. what's the deal? need help dl it
  2.    #2  
    k figured it out. need jvm
    4.2 rocks. It's much faster than 4.1 and the custom skins are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    4.2 rocks. It's much faster than 4.1 and the custom skins are great.
    Is there any java client for win mobile that I can use keys to skip up and down using keys 2 (up) & 8 (down) ???? The one I have will skip all the way to the bottom if I press key 8 instead of just skip one screen down. Same is the issue with auto complete address feature where any key I press keep on pressing. Thanks for any help.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    What is the difference between Opera mini and Opera 9.5. I have the 9.5 installed, so i'm just wondering.
  6.    #6  
    well you have to open java before you can open opera mini. 4.2 was supposed to come with vid support but it doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Is there any java client for win mobile that I can use keys to skip up and down using keys 2 (up) & 8 (down) ???? The one I have will skip all the way to the bottom if I press key 8 instead of just skip one screen down. Same is the issue with auto complete address feature where any key I press keep on pressing. Thanks for any help.
    Esmertec JBed scrolls down one screen at a time with those keys. Make sure num lock is engaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by armdavid2 View Post
    well you have to open java before you can open opera mini. 4.2 was supposed to come with vid support but it doesn't work
    When I click on a link, it creates a custom URL on the opera server and opens a link to that page with PIE.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Esmertec JBed scrolls down one screen at a time with those keys. Make sure num lock is engaged.
    I have Esmertec JBed and I tried everything. Can u tell me which version are you using? any link would make my day. i have Esmertec JBed from XDA forums. Also are you able to type in address in address bar (when auto complete feature is active)? Thanks for your help.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Autocomplete never worked too well for me.
    I'll look for my JBed link.
    What is the best version of Jbed to use with the 800W and where to download it.

My Touch had Jbed in the rom but the version did not work well with MIni.
    Thanks
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    I am looking for version "QVGA Esmertec Jbed 20080912.5.1" that can install opera mini 4.2. I am having issue completing installation. Jbed install ok but when install opera 4.2 jad it just freeze at last step where I have t press agree button. Tried everything from removing old registries and soft resetting. Any help?
    thanks.

Hmm I tried porting Jbed over from the Treo Pro and had the same issue. Weird.
    hmmm. so its treo 800w then. Same version working on treo pro ok? Talk about feeling left out :-(

I wouldn't say that. My porting may not have been complete.
    back to "esmertecjbed200802223.1" for now where scrolling sucks (shortcuts to scroll with numbers dont work as it scroll all the way down instead of going just one screen down). Fingers crossed for your porting to complete. Thank you for helping us out and I am not just talking about this jbed solution

to get jbed to go otainstall.com password "blahblah"
    search "java" and download and install esmertec jbed.
    then launch installed java program. menu->install->browser. PIE will open. navigate to operamini.com.
    download the signed opera mini using the alternate download link (third link on operamini.com, multiple certificates). signed version so it won't nag about connecting. java should open up and take control right when you select to download opera if you do it this way.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    to get jbed to go otainstall.com password "blahblah"
    search "java" and download and install esmertec jbed.
    then launch installed java program. menu->install->browser. PIE will open. navigate to operamini.com.
    download the signed opera mini using the alternate download link (third link on operamini.com, multiple certificates). signed version so it won't nag about connecting. java should open up and take control right when you select to download opera if you do it this way.
    Actually that is the version I am using 3.1. There are updates that corrects scrolling issues and for new games. New version is 5.1 and that is the one I am able to install but not able to work it with opera mini. Lets hope some cool soul tweak it out for it to work on treo 800w.