Global Posts
    406 Global Posts
    Trying to find out if there is a advanced calculator setting on the 800w. I've looked with no luck. I can find the standard mode but I need the financial calculator. On my 700p I could select from several different types of calculator modes. There was a drop down menu with all the selections. I know there are some in the software section on this site and that may be where I end up. Thanks in advance
    Not an option on this phone. I purchased 1-Calc for approx. $20. There are numerous calculator programs available on this site for a 30 day trial. I recommend you download 1 or 2 and detemine if you like it...then bite the bullet and purchase one.

I too, needed a scientific and financial calculator for daily use. I was very disappointed to learn that the calculator on WM6.1 was so basic. You'd think a high end OS would incorportate a basic calculator function which offered more than addition and subtraction.

Cosmo
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    You'd think a high end OS would incorportate a basic calculator function which offered more than addition and subtraction.

Cosmo
    I think the stock WM6.1 calculator also offers multiplication and division.

SORRY...it's been a rough week, can't....resist.....bored...from reading....contracts........must make smart-a--...comment....

Seriously, though, does 1-Calc have any issues with 320x320? I'd guess not since you didn't mention anything, but since calculators tend to draw large buttons on the screen I get the sense that they may not all be multi-resolution aware.
    You can see if there is anything you like free at this site, but most are not optimized for 320 X 320.
    I just use the calculator from my 700p running on Style Tap. It works even better on the 800w.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I think the stock WM6.1 calculator also offers multiplication and division.

SORRY...it's been a rough week, can't....resist.....bored...from reading....contracts........must make smart-a--...comment....

Seriously, though, does 1-Calc have any issues with 320x320? I'd guess not since you didn't mention anything, but since calculators tend to draw large buttons on the screen I get the sense that they may not all be multi-resolution aware.

No problems, the 320x320 is supported by 1-Calc. If you browse the software available on this site, you will see if the 800w is supported as well. What I did, was download the free trial version of several other calculator programs. When I finally found the one I liked (1-Calc), I purchased it when the trial ran out.

I recommend downloading some trial versions. If it suits your needs and is supported via 320x320, keep the one you like and buy it if need be.

The only complaint I have w/ 1-Calc is when looking at the Time Value of Money (TVM) feature. It works great, but when calculating time, it only gives whole numbers. Example, if an item requires 8.6 months of payments, 1-Calc will only show the number 8 (not 8.6). Not a huge issue, but an annoyance to me at times.

Cosmo