Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I've had the BT3030's for a couple of weeks and I actually have to turn down the volume most of the time. The only time I turn it up is when I'm outside around a lot of noise. I'm impressed with the headphones that came with the Bt3030. They actually have pretty good quality. You can certainly hear callers since both ears are plugged with ear buds. I use Pocket Tunes most of time and it pauses when calls come in and starts back up where it left off when I end the call.
    Hi JohnH59,

When I first got the BT3030, I could turn the volume all the way up with Kinoma Play without feeling it was too loud. I installed a Kinoma Play update tonight and I've had to reset the BT3030 as a BT stereo device, because for some reason (just tonight) the BT3030 when connecting was not being recongized as a BT stereo device although that option is checked in the BT settings. But right now I'm listening to music and I can't turn the volume all the way up, I did for a moment just to check were the max level was and it was too loud. So now I'm experiencing what you've been experiencing. (I probably should have soft rebooted after pairing the BT3030 or cycled the BT or something and maybe I might have noticed higher volume sooner.) Kinoma Play does the same as PTunes when calls come in.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trinasworld03 View Post
    LOL @ beachboy... I know I'd definitely look twice if I saw that in someones pocket
    I need to make a order please, I will take the pocket full "o" wires!!
    There has apparently been a lot of discussion on the matter, but does anyone have a fix for the handset speaker and the speakerpone?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by axelrod_eric View Post
    There has apparently been a lot of discussion on the matter, but does anyone have a fix for the handset speaker and the speakerpone?
    I love the phone. HATE the sound quality. I can't even play MP3s because the headphones don't get loud enough to hear anything in a gym for instance.

I thought about exchanging it for a new on but I understand that all 800's are that way.

I hope that the Pro has better sound.
    if anyone is wanting more volume on MP3s, try a different music player. each prog I've used seems to have a different max volume. the loudest I've used so far is ptunes.
    I have been trying to improve music audio since I got my 800w. I have to say I am less pizzed about the whole volume/music problems after the changes listed below. If there is listening to music in the Palm/Sprint marketing materials you expect the device to have an improvement over previous Palm devices, not degradation. The audio quality and volumes of the 800w are totally unacceptable. Unfortunately I exceeded my 30 day return or I would be holding a HTC Touch Pro right now. Sprint did offer me a Touch Pro for $249 and I may take them up on that, but first I wanted to see I through this forum and other sites I could make non-Palm improvements?

Problems:
    • No headphone jack

• Provided Crapset (headset) is very low quality

• Extremely Low Volume

• Terrible Audio quality at Higher Volumes

• WM audio player sucks

Solutions:
    1. Conversion of Crapset ear set to a Radio Shack 3.5mm plug.
    2. Replaced Crapset ear phones with my Shure ear buds
    3. Removed Mortplayer
      • Terrible graphics

• little improvement to sound quality
    4. Installed PocketMusic (Free version)
      • Pretty good graphics for RealVGA (must have)

• Volume Improvement (must have)

• Sound Quality Improvement at Higher Volumes (must have)

• Good Play List Editor (must have)

Results:
    Found the free PocketMusic player which has a pretty good graphical interface. The EQ editor is similar to Mortplayer, but it seems PocketMusic has improved the audio quality given similar volume increases. I still am not totally happy and hope Palm will throw us a bone with a sound quality improvement? PocketMusic is similar to PocketTunes I had on my Palm OS devices and its free. I have better quality audio, higher sound volume due to PocketMusic software amp and my Shure ear buds.

PS Found very cool image viewer and card games I lost when I moved to WM from Palm (free)
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    MortPlayer has a preamp that you can use to boost your sound quite a bit. It will quickly distort if you boost it too high though.

As for the "terrible graphics" MortPlayer uses skins that are created by users. The default skin wasn't designed for the 800w...
    Is there any skin that is compatible with Treo screen (320x320) without realvga for Pocketmusic? I like the change in sound and volume but hate the skins that came with app and also UI is weird. Is there any shortcut with hard keys?

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I have been trying to improve music audio since I got my 800w. I have to say I am less pizzed about the whole volume/music problems after the changes listed below. If there is listening to music in the Palm/Sprint marketing materials you expect the device to have an improvement over previous Palm devices, not degradation. The audio quality and volumes of the 800w are totally unacceptable. Unfortunately I exceeded my 30 day return or I would be holding a HTC Touch Pro right now. Sprint did offer me a Touch Pro for $249 and I may take them up on that, but first I wanted to see I through this forum and other sites I could make non-Palm improvements?

Problems:
    • No headphone jack

• Provided Crapset (headset) is very low quality

• Extremely Low Volume

• Terrible Audio quality at Higher Volumes

• WM audio player sucks

Solutions:
    1. Conversion of Crapset ear set to a Radio Shack 3.5mm plug.
    2. Replaced Crapset ear phones with my Shure ear buds
    3. Removed Mortplayer
      • Terrible graphics

• little improvement to sound quality
    4. Installed PocketMusic (Free version)
      • Pretty good graphics for RealVGA (must have)

• Volume Improvement (must have)

• Sound Quality Improvement at Higher Volumes (must have)

• Good Play List Editor (must have)

Results:
    Found the free PocketMusic player which has a pretty good graphical interface. The EQ editor is similar to Mortplayer, but it seems PocketMusic has improved the audio quality given similar volume increases. I still am not totally happy and hope Palm will throw us a bone with a sound quality improvement? PocketMusic is similar to PocketTunes I had on my Palm OS devices and its free. I have better quality audio, higher sound volume due to PocketMusic software amp and my Shure ear buds.

PS Found very cool image viewer and card games I lost when I moved to WM from Palm (free)
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ehsan, I think no key controls with free version. Not easiest user interface, but right now all I want is music I can hear without all the clipping. Mortplayer has a software amp, but I got more clipping than on PocketMusic. Seems like the amplified audio is better too?

Does anyone know if the newer 800w have changed the speaker in the earpiece section? I bought it when it first came out and I can never understand anyone unless I am using my bluetooth. The regular phone speaker makes the whole phone vibrate, makes my ear feel funny, and everyone sounds like they are coming out of a bass speaker... all muffled. If the newer ones are better I'll just cash in an insurance claim or something.
  11.    #51  
    I tried Pocket Music but it did not help with the head phone volume much at all. I fiddled with the EQ but not much of a change.
    Do you mean the Palm Crapset headphones or others? I think the fideility on the Crapset is so bad that there is nothing that can help. The 800w sound quality is very crappy, not sure what the problem is other than engineer stupidity? If you mean the earpiece on the 800w phone Pocket Music can't help.

I do get an improvement on my 800w with my Shure Ear buds with Pocket Music, but they isolate the music from background noises about as good as it gets. Palm and Sprint market music on this device, if it was going to be less quality than previous models or as crappy as it is they should have disclosed it to Me/Us?

Its C -R - A - P - P - Y, I didn't expect to get the newest model of Treo and see the audio quality go into the dumpster. I sure expected little improvements?

Sorry to hear your problems.

I'll start Friday night out on a bad note and go kick the dog or toss my 800w off my deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    I tried Pocket Music but it did not help with the head phone volume much at all. I fiddled with the EQ but not much of a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    Does anyone know if the newer 800w have changed the speaker in the earpiece section? I bought it when it first came out and I can never understand anyone unless I am using my bluetooth. The regular phone speaker makes the whole phone vibrate, makes my ear feel funny, and everyone sounds like they are coming out of a bass speaker... all muffled. If the newer ones are better I'll just cash in an insurance claim or something.
    The speaker phone is useless above the lowest setting. Anything above, it snaps, crackles, and pops.

You can hear static coming out of the earpiece.

You can hear static coming out of the speaker phone.

I'm swapping it out for another 800w next week.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123